Rams improve to 5-10 with 81-67 win on Wednesday
Rams must win next games to make it to the LSC.
After pulling off an 81-67 win over Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the Rams remind themselves that there really is no place like home.
The Rams won their fifth game of the season on Wednesday and are now 5-3 at home while 0-6 on the road and 0-1 on neutral courts.
The Rams now have to pull off a major win streak if they want to be contenders for the Lone Star Conference Championship and according to junior guard Bryan Hammond; they are going to be better.
"I think that's what we really needed was to get a home win," Hammond said. "Since we're winning at home, we're in a good spot. We're just building on it and everybody's excited."
Despite where the Rams are record-wise; multiple team sources have said that the experience that this young group of players gains with each game is important and helpful for improvement.
"I can see it in practices and games," Hammond said. "Everybody is learning to play with each other more and more as the season goes on."
Head Coach Fred Rike said he was pleased with the improvements.
"We just got to continue to improve and play our best basketball in February," Rike said. "We got a lot of young guys and I think we're playing a couple freshmen [and] a couple sophomores and I think they're growing up."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities