Rams improve to 5-10 with 81-67 win on Wednesday
Rams must win next games to make it to the LSC.
After pulling off an 81-67 win over Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the Rams remind themselves that there really is no place like home.
The Rams won their fifth game of the season on Wednesday and are now 5-3 at home while 0-6 on the road and 0-1 on neutral courts.
The Rams now have to pull off a major win streak if they want to be contenders for the Lone Star Conference Championship and according to junior guard Bryan Hammond; they are going to be better.
"I think that's what we really needed was to get a home win," Hammond said. "Since we're winning at home, we're in a good spot. We're just building on it and everybody's excited."
Despite where the Rams are record-wise; multiple team sources have said that the experience that this young group of players gains with each game is important and helpful for improvement.
"I can see it in practices and games," Hammond said. "Everybody is learning to play with each other more and more as the season goes on."
Head Coach Fred Rike said he was pleased with the improvements.
"We just got to continue to improve and play our best basketball in February," Rike said. "We got a lot of young guys and I think we're playing a couple freshmen [and] a couple sophomores and I think they're growing up."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses
- New App Promises to Revolutionize the Way We Experience Video