Rams improve to 5-10 with 81-67 win on Wednesday
Rams must win next games to make it to the LSC.
After pulling off an 81-67 win over Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the Rams remind themselves that there really is no place like home.
The Rams won their fifth game of the season on Wednesday and are now 5-3 at home while 0-6 on the road and 0-1 on neutral courts.
The Rams now have to pull off a major win streak if they want to be contenders for the Lone Star Conference Championship and according to junior guard Bryan Hammond; they are going to be better.
"I think that's what we really needed was to get a home win," Hammond said. "Since we're winning at home, we're in a good spot. We're just building on it and everybody's excited."
Despite where the Rams are record-wise; multiple team sources have said that the experience that this young group of players gains with each game is important and helpful for improvement.
"I can see it in practices and games," Hammond said. "Everybody is learning to play with each other more and more as the season goes on."
Head Coach Fred Rike said he was pleased with the improvements.
"We just got to continue to improve and play our best basketball in February," Rike said. "We got a lot of young guys and I think we're playing a couple freshmen [and] a couple sophomores and I think they're growing up."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Families to gather for campus-wide activities
- Rambelles keep a clear head in their winning streak
- Chop Busters, a way to drum up some muscle
- Artistry of all forms welcome to campus club
- Physics major goes to Switzerland with hopes to answer mysteries of the universe
- Korean student sees difference in US communication
- Students challenge themselves and make new friends
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids