Rams improve to 5-10 with 81-67 win on Wednesday
Rams must win next games to make it to the LSC.
After pulling off an 81-67 win over Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the Rams remind themselves that there really is no place like home.
The Rams won their fifth game of the season on Wednesday and are now 5-3 at home while 0-6 on the road and 0-1 on neutral courts.
The Rams now have to pull off a major win streak if they want to be contenders for the Lone Star Conference Championship and according to junior guard Bryan Hammond; they are going to be better.
"I think that's what we really needed was to get a home win," Hammond said. "Since we're winning at home, we're in a good spot. We're just building on it and everybody's excited."
Despite where the Rams are record-wise; multiple team sources have said that the experience that this young group of players gains with each game is important and helpful for improvement.
"I can see it in practices and games," Hammond said. "Everybody is learning to play with each other more and more as the season goes on."
Head Coach Fred Rike said he was pleased with the improvements.
"We just got to continue to improve and play our best basketball in February," Rike said. "We got a lot of young guys and I think we're playing a couple freshmen [and] a couple sophomores and I think they're growing up."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- carpooling, Europe?s No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015