Rams improve to 5-10 with 81-67 win on Wednesday
Rams must win next games to make it to the LSC.
After pulling off an 81-67 win over Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the Rams remind themselves that there really is no place like home.
The Rams won their fifth game of the season on Wednesday and are now 5-3 at home while 0-6 on the road and 0-1 on neutral courts.
The Rams now have to pull off a major win streak if they want to be contenders for the Lone Star Conference Championship and according to junior guard Bryan Hammond; they are going to be better.
"I think that's what we really needed was to get a home win," Hammond said. "Since we're winning at home, we're in a good spot. We're just building on it and everybody's excited."
Despite where the Rams are record-wise; multiple team sources have said that the experience that this young group of players gains with each game is important and helpful for improvement.
"I can see it in practices and games," Hammond said. "Everybody is learning to play with each other more and more as the season goes on."
Head Coach Fred Rike said he was pleased with the improvements.
"We just got to continue to improve and play our best basketball in February," Rike said. "We got a lot of young guys and I think we're playing a couple freshmen [and] a couple sophomores and I think they're growing up."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care