Track and Field heads to Lubbock
Teammates all support each other
The Track and Field team had their first meet Jan. 17 and 18 at Texas Tech University.
"I think as a team it went very well for an opening meet that we had," Lexi Brooks said. "We had exceptional marks for our team. We came out with faster times than we had and people jumped further, so we started off our season pretty well."
Kinsey Coppedge said she is pushing to get her times faster at each meet the team has.
"As a 4x4 (runner) we are trying to get our times down," she said. "We are on the list for nationals but we want to be even faster so we can make sure we get into that."
Coppedge said the team is smaller which allows everyone to be closer.
"We try and watch each other at meets as best as we can," Brooks said. "Not only do we run for ourselves but we run for our team. You constantly hear us [asking] how can we score for our team. It is definitely more minded towards what can [an individual] do for the [team's benefit]."
Coppedge said a lot of people look at track as an individual sport when really it is a matter of being a team and helping each other out.
After their meet this weekend, the team will head back to Lubbock in March to compete in the Lone Star Conference Indoor Championships.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses