Track and Field heads to Lubbock
Teammates all support each other
The Track and Field team had their first meet Jan. 17 and 18 at Texas Tech University.
"I think as a team it went very well for an opening meet that we had," Lexi Brooks said. "We had exceptional marks for our team. We came out with faster times than we had and people jumped further, so we started off our season pretty well."
Kinsey Coppedge said she is pushing to get her times faster at each meet the team has.
"As a 4x4 (runner) we are trying to get our times down," she said. "We are on the list for nationals but we want to be even faster so we can make sure we get into that."
Coppedge said the team is smaller which allows everyone to be closer.
"We try and watch each other at meets as best as we can," Brooks said. "Not only do we run for ourselves but we run for our team. You constantly hear us [asking] how can we score for our team. It is definitely more minded towards what can [an individual] do for the [team's benefit]."
Coppedge said a lot of people look at track as an individual sport when really it is a matter of being a team and helping each other out.
After their meet this weekend, the team will head back to Lubbock in March to compete in the Lone Star Conference Indoor Championships.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
- Congress Should Make It Easier for Taxpayers Who Still...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT