Track and Field heads to Lubbock
Teammates all support each other
The Track and Field team had their first meet Jan. 17 and 18 at Texas Tech University.
"I think as a team it went very well for an opening meet that we had," Lexi Brooks said. "We had exceptional marks for our team. We came out with faster times than we had and people jumped further, so we started off our season pretty well."
Kinsey Coppedge said she is pushing to get her times faster at each meet the team has.
"As a 4x4 (runner) we are trying to get our times down," she said. "We are on the list for nationals but we want to be even faster so we can make sure we get into that."
Coppedge said the team is smaller which allows everyone to be closer.
"We try and watch each other at meets as best as we can," Brooks said. "Not only do we run for ourselves but we run for our team. You constantly hear us [asking] how can we score for our team. It is definitely more minded towards what can [an individual] do for the [team's benefit]."
Coppedge said a lot of people look at track as an individual sport when really it is a matter of being a team and helping each other out.
After their meet this weekend, the team will head back to Lubbock in March to compete in the Lone Star Conference Indoor Championships.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month