Track and Field heads to Lubbock
Teammates all support each other
The Track and Field team had their first meet Jan. 17 and 18 at Texas Tech University.
"I think as a team it went very well for an opening meet that we had," Lexi Brooks said. "We had exceptional marks for our team. We came out with faster times than we had and people jumped further, so we started off our season pretty well."
Kinsey Coppedge said she is pushing to get her times faster at each meet the team has.
"As a 4x4 (runner) we are trying to get our times down," she said. "We are on the list for nationals but we want to be even faster so we can make sure we get into that."
Coppedge said the team is smaller which allows everyone to be closer.
"We try and watch each other at meets as best as we can," Brooks said. "Not only do we run for ourselves but we run for our team. You constantly hear us [asking] how can we score for our team. It is definitely more minded towards what can [an individual] do for the [team's benefit]."
Coppedge said a lot of people look at track as an individual sport when really it is a matter of being a team and helping each other out.
After their meet this weekend, the team will head back to Lubbock in March to compete in the Lone Star Conference Indoor Championships.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG