Does it ever get old? YES!
...Just my opinion of Valentine's Day
Students cannot carry concealed weapons on campus for at least the next two years. Pam Belcher
I remember when I used to think Valentine's Day was so awesome and that there was no day better than an entire day of being praised by my boyfriend, but my have my thoughts changed.
No, I am not a "Valentine's Hater" like some people but I feel that it has gotten old. Every year I would see the same old thing, girls dressing up to 'impress' their significant other and guys buying flowers, candy and/or a cute little bear. My eyes have seen too, too, too many years of this sweet day.
In my opinion, a girl or guy should feel significant every day of their relationship. I'm not saying there has to be flowers and chocolate every evening, because of course allergies may be an issue or you may want your teeth to survive a couple more meals before falling to the floor. It's as simple as opening the door for your girlfriend every now and then, which I rarely see guys do anymore, or bringing her breakfast or coffee when you know she needs it.
The beauty of simplicity has obviously hit me over the head, that and marriage. Maybe it's the idea of trying to find something new to do in San Angelo, when me and my love have been here together for years, that turns me away from this overrated day ... Whatever it is, it's wonderful.
I have heard guys say, "Time to break up with her, Valentine's Day is coming up soon." Is the guy too cheap? Or the girl too expensive? I guess every situation may be different, but why go through the trouble? If you really admire someone and feel that it is a MUST to get them something, try something that cannot be duplicated by anyone else. Make them something, but it has to be special. A cake, a song, a card, just to rattle off a few. Use your talent to show them that you care. I feel that a creative gift, if possible using your hobby or talent, is more memorable than a box of chocolate.
There hasn't been a year since fourth grade that I didn't have a Valentine's. Now I am wishing I would have spent more time making myself feel important. And like I said, same old things, so this year I will place that energy, time and money on something more important. Something more valuable; more powerful than those small things ... A massage.
If you are single this year, take the time out to enjoy it. Please don't lock yourself up in a room to avoid all the couples out there. Be merry. Buy yourself some chocolate and address it as anonymous or secret admirer if you just want that thrill period. Every year can't be your year for relationships, unless you're married, than every day should be your Valentine's Day.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board