Nursing ranks at No. 64 nationally
Texas colleges are among others that were ranked
The golf team finished tied for fifth at the Southwest Classic in Mansfield, Tuesday. Athletic Communications Office
U.S. News and World Report ranked ASU's Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) online program as one of the top 100 national colleges in its 2013 edition of Best Online Programs.
Ranked No. 64 overall, ASU was one of eight Texas institutions to make the top 100 list, according to a press release. A total of 471 colleges and universities recognized as having master's degree nursing programs were ranked.
Associate Professor and Department Chair of Nursing and Rehabilitation Sciences, Dr. Susan Wilkinson said she hopes this recognition will attract students to the program.
"US News and World Report are highly respected for the annual rankings that they report," Wilkinson said. "Any notoriety such as this puts ASU's name out to the public."
Senior in the Associate Nursing Degree Program Tiffanie Vollbrecht says she hopes to eventually join the MSN program.
"Since it's online, it's good to know that you can live anywhere to work and still continue your education in a good program," Vollbrecht said.
The criteria used to configure the rankings included weighted scores in the categories of students engagement, faculty credentials and training, admission selectivity and students services and technology, according to the release.
The ranking is an indicator of the high quality of the university's MSN online nursing program, Clinical Teaching Assistant Richard Plum said.
"The graduate nursing faculty and staff are truly outstanding and the professors use multiple methods for online teaching, which meet the needs of the students," Plum said. "The professors take a personal interest in the students and are willing to help at any time."
The program will continue to grow and expand in the future including an additional use of the elluminate software, which provides interactive video and audio sessions with the professor and the students, Plum said.
"We, of course, hope to improve our ranking next year," Wilkinson said. "We will continue to provide excellent services to our students and hope to be recognized for it again."
The other Texas schools that ranked include Lamar University, University of Texas at Tyler, Texas Christian University, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, University of Texas at El Paso and University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, according to the release.
The entire list of rankings can be found on the U.S. News and World Report website at www.usnews.com/education/online-education/nursing.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections