Nursing ranks at No. 64 nationally
Texas colleges are among others that were ranked
The golf team finished tied for fifth at the Southwest Classic in Mansfield, Tuesday. Athletic Communications Office
U.S. News and World Report ranked ASU's Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) online program as one of the top 100 national colleges in its 2013 edition of Best Online Programs.
Ranked No. 64 overall, ASU was one of eight Texas institutions to make the top 100 list, according to a press release. A total of 471 colleges and universities recognized as having master's degree nursing programs were ranked.
Associate Professor and Department Chair of Nursing and Rehabilitation Sciences, Dr. Susan Wilkinson said she hopes this recognition will attract students to the program.
"US News and World Report are highly respected for the annual rankings that they report," Wilkinson said. "Any notoriety such as this puts ASU's name out to the public."
Senior in the Associate Nursing Degree Program Tiffanie Vollbrecht says she hopes to eventually join the MSN program.
"Since it's online, it's good to know that you can live anywhere to work and still continue your education in a good program," Vollbrecht said.
The criteria used to configure the rankings included weighted scores in the categories of students engagement, faculty credentials and training, admission selectivity and students services and technology, according to the release.
The ranking is an indicator of the high quality of the university's MSN online nursing program, Clinical Teaching Assistant Richard Plum said.
"The graduate nursing faculty and staff are truly outstanding and the professors use multiple methods for online teaching, which meet the needs of the students," Plum said. "The professors take a personal interest in the students and are willing to help at any time."
The program will continue to grow and expand in the future including an additional use of the elluminate software, which provides interactive video and audio sessions with the professor and the students, Plum said.
"We, of course, hope to improve our ranking next year," Wilkinson said. "We will continue to provide excellent services to our students and hope to be recognized for it again."
The other Texas schools that ranked include Lamar University, University of Texas at Tyler, Texas Christian University, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, University of Texas at El Paso and University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, according to the release.
The entire list of rankings can be found on the U.S. News and World Report website at www.usnews.com/education/online-education/nursing.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Rambelles and Tarleton battle back and forth for the win
- Rambelles honor seniors at last home game
- Swift’s “1989” doesn’t disappoint
- The reality of dead week
- Non-traditional student studies all four foreign languages
- Catch up on cross country
- Student government passes new organization and proposes new street signs
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge