UCPC encourages school spirit
Different events held to boost spirit on campus
University Center Programming Council's annual Spirit Week will be Feb. 4 through Feb. 8 and will feature various activities in the University Center.
Spirit Week will celebrate spring sports, encourage team interaction with students and inform students about the various teams' schedules.
Event coordinator for UCPC Alex Bryant says the week is to promote university spirit and let students interact with each other as well as with athletes.
Senior communication major Ginelda Lopez says she always tries to make it to Spirit Week and will be there this year.
"I'm going to go to the pep rally and the Mascot Celebration," Lopez said. "The events are really kid-friendly, and my son loves to meet Roscoe."
This will be an opportunity for students to get more involved on campus and meet students from other organizations, UCPC President Karina Maldonado said.
"Your college experience is what you make it," Maldonado said, "If you don't get involved and you're not aware of what's going on around campus, it's not going to be a very fun experience. If you come out and meet new people, you get into the school spirit and it'll be an awesome experience."
For more information on Spirit Week, contact UCPC at (325) 942-2062 or visit their website at www.angelo.edu/org/ucpc/.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor