UCPC encourages school spirit
Different events held to boost spirit on campus
University Center Programming Council's annual Spirit Week will be Feb. 4 through Feb. 8 and will feature various activities in the University Center.
Spirit Week will celebrate spring sports, encourage team interaction with students and inform students about the various teams' schedules.
Event coordinator for UCPC Alex Bryant says the week is to promote university spirit and let students interact with each other as well as with athletes.
Senior communication major Ginelda Lopez says she always tries to make it to Spirit Week and will be there this year.
"I'm going to go to the pep rally and the Mascot Celebration," Lopez said. "The events are really kid-friendly, and my son loves to meet Roscoe."
This will be an opportunity for students to get more involved on campus and meet students from other organizations, UCPC President Karina Maldonado said.
"Your college experience is what you make it," Maldonado said, "If you don't get involved and you're not aware of what's going on around campus, it's not going to be a very fun experience. If you come out and meet new people, you get into the school spirit and it'll be an awesome experience."
For more information on Spirit Week, contact UCPC at (325) 942-2062 or visit their website at www.angelo.edu/org/ucpc/.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care