UCPC encourages school spirit
Different events held to boost spirit on campus
University Center Programming Council's annual Spirit Week will be Feb. 4 through Feb. 8 and will feature various activities in the University Center.
Spirit Week will celebrate spring sports, encourage team interaction with students and inform students about the various teams' schedules.
Event coordinator for UCPC Alex Bryant says the week is to promote university spirit and let students interact with each other as well as with athletes.
Senior communication major Ginelda Lopez says she always tries to make it to Spirit Week and will be there this year.
"I'm going to go to the pep rally and the Mascot Celebration," Lopez said. "The events are really kid-friendly, and my son loves to meet Roscoe."
This will be an opportunity for students to get more involved on campus and meet students from other organizations, UCPC President Karina Maldonado said.
"Your college experience is what you make it," Maldonado said, "If you don't get involved and you're not aware of what's going on around campus, it's not going to be a very fun experience. If you come out and meet new people, you get into the school spirit and it'll be an awesome experience."
For more information on Spirit Week, contact UCPC at (325) 942-2062 or visit their website at www.angelo.edu/org/ucpc/.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses