The Rams travel to lock horns with Buffalos
Rams need a winning streak to get their season back
The Rams, who have had a trying season with a 5-14 record, look to improve as they travel to face West Texas A&M University.
The Rams are currently on a losing streak after dropping their fourth game in a row with an 87-81 loss to the Eastern State University on Wednesday.
The Rams had five players with double-digit points and senior Antonio Dye had 13 rebounds, but it was not enough to beat Eastern New Mexico University.
Junior Chris Talkington impressed by scoring 14 points off of two free throws and four three-pointers.
The rest of the Rams team combined scored three three-pointers.
The Rams have had two other losing streaks this season with lengths of four and six games.
The Rams will now have to face West Texas A&M University's Buffalos and their stifling defense.
The Buffalos have a conference-best average of 57.3 points allowed per game through 19 games this season.
In their last face-off, the Rams lost 73-44 to the Buffalos with lead scorer Talkington being held to 16 points.
The only other Ram to score double-digit points against the Buffalos was freshman Jovan Austin with 11 points.
The Buffalos' strong defense kept the Rams away from the rim, with only 14 of their points coming from field goals inside the three-point line.
However, the Buffalos' main weakness is their own inability to score as they have a conference-worst average of 63.4 points per game through 19 games this season.
The Rams will have to fight fire with fire - or rather defense with defense - to keep it a low-scoring game and prevent the Buffalos from controlling the outcome.
That will be difficult as the Rams have the second-worst defense in the Lone Star Conference and have allowed an average of 74.1 points per game throughout 19 games.
In the last match up, the Buffalos had five players score double-digit points with the highest being 15 by senior forward Donald Sims.
The Rams will have to contain him and anyone else who fires a shot if they want a at the Lone Star Conference Championship.
The Rams' conference record of 2-9 puts them in last place, but doesn't make a postseason berth impossible for them.
The Rams will face the Buffalos in Canyon on Saturday, Feb. 2, at 6 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
- The Most Dangerous Time of the Year? Safety Tips for the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists