Police bust drug dealer
San Angelo Police Department traffic officers stopped of a local man and allowed detectives to discover one kilo brick of powder cocaine, six pounds of marijuana and $6,700 cash.
After the traffic stop in the 1400 block of West Beauregard, detectives then searched Fred Lewis of San Angelo's home, where they found and seized $17,000 more.
The investigation continued and led to another search where about six more pounds of marijuana were found.
Lieutenant David Howard, Public Information Officer of SAPD, said that Tuesday Narcotics Detectives had developed probable cause the man was in possession of illegal narcotics.
As a result, SAPD Narcotics Detectives and Customs and Border Protection Air Branch made the traffic stop.
Lewis was taken into Tom Green County Jail on charges of felony possession of marijuana, and manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities