Police bust drug dealer
San Angelo Police Department traffic officers stopped of a local man and allowed detectives to discover one kilo brick of powder cocaine, six pounds of marijuana and $6,700 cash.
After the traffic stop in the 1400 block of West Beauregard, detectives then searched Fred Lewis of San Angelo's home, where they found and seized $17,000 more.
The investigation continued and led to another search where about six more pounds of marijuana were found.
Lieutenant David Howard, Public Information Officer of SAPD, said that Tuesday Narcotics Detectives had developed probable cause the man was in possession of illegal narcotics.
As a result, SAPD Narcotics Detectives and Customs and Border Protection Air Branch made the traffic stop.
Lewis was taken into Tom Green County Jail on charges of felony possession of marijuana, and manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age