Police bust drug dealer
San Angelo Police Department traffic officers stopped of a local man and allowed detectives to discover one kilo brick of powder cocaine, six pounds of marijuana and $6,700 cash.
After the traffic stop in the 1400 block of West Beauregard, detectives then searched Fred Lewis of San Angelo's home, where they found and seized $17,000 more.
The investigation continued and led to another search where about six more pounds of marijuana were found.
Lieutenant David Howard, Public Information Officer of SAPD, said that Tuesday Narcotics Detectives had developed probable cause the man was in possession of illegal narcotics.
As a result, SAPD Narcotics Detectives and Customs and Border Protection Air Branch made the traffic stop.
Lewis was taken into Tom Green County Jail on charges of felony possession of marijuana, and manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain
- Lighting Tips to Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space