Police bust drug dealer
San Angelo Police Department traffic officers stopped of a local man and allowed detectives to discover one kilo brick of powder cocaine, six pounds of marijuana and $6,700 cash.
After the traffic stop in the 1400 block of West Beauregard, detectives then searched Fred Lewis of San Angelo's home, where they found and seized $17,000 more.
The investigation continued and led to another search where about six more pounds of marijuana were found.
Lieutenant David Howard, Public Information Officer of SAPD, said that Tuesday Narcotics Detectives had developed probable cause the man was in possession of illegal narcotics.
As a result, SAPD Narcotics Detectives and Customs and Border Protection Air Branch made the traffic stop.
Lewis was taken into Tom Green County Jail on charges of felony possession of marijuana, and manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida
- Out of This World: Challenge Open to 3D Print in Space
- Power Down the AC on National Ceiling Fan Day