Police bust drug dealer
San Angelo Police Department traffic officers stopped of a local man and allowed detectives to discover one kilo brick of powder cocaine, six pounds of marijuana and $6,700 cash.
After the traffic stop in the 1400 block of West Beauregard, detectives then searched Fred Lewis of San Angelo's home, where they found and seized $17,000 more.
The investigation continued and led to another search where about six more pounds of marijuana were found.
Lieutenant David Howard, Public Information Officer of SAPD, said that Tuesday Narcotics Detectives had developed probable cause the man was in possession of illegal narcotics.
As a result, SAPD Narcotics Detectives and Customs and Border Protection Air Branch made the traffic stop.
Lewis was taken into Tom Green County Jail on charges of felony possession of marijuana, and manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program