Post-graduate student receives honorary title
Graduate Kimberly Jones was named as the "Exceptional Teacher Candidate" by the statewide Quest for Quality program. Jones is a native of Sweetwater, TX, and graduated in December with a bachelor's degree in elementary education. Jones was picked out of 39 candidates that were selected from the 48 nominees who submitted to the program from 15 Texas universities.
The nominees are judged on the depth of their subject, the content, and their knowledge of instructional strategies. The nominees were also judged on excellence in planning and instructional delivery, as well as their achievement of goals and objectives with the use of strategies and resources that include technology, setting goals, making strategies, and using proper resources to meet the diverse needs of student needs.
Jones will be featured on the Quest for Quality website.
This marks the second straight year an ASU nominee has been designated an "Exceptional Teacher Candidate."
The Quest for Quality initiative, based in The Woodlands, was designed to highlight exceptional quality in university-based teacher preparation here in Texas. The Center for Research, Evaluation, and Advancement of Teacher Education and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board collaborated on the program that was funded through a grant from the Sid W. Richardson Foundation to the College for All Texans Foundation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses