Post-graduate student receives honorary title
Graduate Kimberly Jones was named as the "Exceptional Teacher Candidate" by the statewide Quest for Quality program. Jones is a native of Sweetwater, TX, and graduated in December with a bachelor's degree in elementary education. Jones was picked out of 39 candidates that were selected from the 48 nominees who submitted to the program from 15 Texas universities.
The nominees are judged on the depth of their subject, the content, and their knowledge of instructional strategies. The nominees were also judged on excellence in planning and instructional delivery, as well as their achievement of goals and objectives with the use of strategies and resources that include technology, setting goals, making strategies, and using proper resources to meet the diverse needs of student needs.
Jones will be featured on the Quest for Quality website.
This marks the second straight year an ASU nominee has been designated an "Exceptional Teacher Candidate."
The Quest for Quality initiative, based in The Woodlands, was designed to highlight exceptional quality in university-based teacher preparation here in Texas. The Center for Research, Evaluation, and Advancement of Teacher Education and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board collaborated on the program that was funded through a grant from the Sid W. Richardson Foundation to the College for All Texans Foundation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protect Your Kid's Identity
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow