Rams head to Lone Star Conference tournament to face Cameron University
Rams win final home game
After a season closure on Saturday, March 1, the Rams defeated Texas A&M Kingsville in a tough battle 53-41.
Ending with 18-8 overall and an 8-6 conference record, the Rams have their sights set on the Lone Star Conference (LSC).
"It was a big game for us," Head Coach Chris Beard said. "We told our guys that our post season was starting a week early, and we felt like Kingsville was a great way to get some momentum going into this tournament."
The Rams were outscored by three points in the first half but prevailed in the second half. They then outscored Kingsville by nine points with a finishing victory.
"We had a goal to go down there and win," sophomore Nash Nelson said. "We went down there and got the job done, and hopefully that will get us going in the conference tournament."
The Rams are now preparing for upcoming games by continuing to make adjustments and growing stronger as a team.
"We are just going to try to keep doing what we do," Nelson said. " No one play is more important than another one. We are going to try and stay in the moment and take it one play at a time."
Beard said the team is getting back to the basics before they head to the Allen Events Center for their first game in the LSC.
"All of the teams in the conference have a little bit of time to practice and maybe put in a new wrinkle or two," Beard said. "We are trying to be the best team we can."
Senior Ryan Marsh said he is ready to begin conference play and wants to take another crack at Tarleton State University during the LSC.
"The conference is so tough and balanced, and in my opinion, there is not a good draw or bad draw in the tournament," Beard said. "It is just a matter of going out there and playing."
The first game of the LSC was Thursday, March 6, where the Rams took on Cameron University.
The tournament holds a total of eight teams. This means that one team will have to win three games to win the championship.
"To me, the teams that win are the teams that play smart, play together and execute," Beard said.
***Editor's Note: Thursday's game stats were not included in this article due to conflict with Ram Page press and game time. Stats can be found on the ASU Athletic homepage.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus