Restaurant Review: Mathis Field CafÃ©
Dana Choi, Editor-in-Chief. Ram Page
Airport Chinese is what my friend first called it.
I must have had a confused look on my face, like the one on your pet dog's when you put on a Halloween mask and talk to him in strange voices, because she quickly said, "You didn't know there was a restaurant at the airport?"
Well, the only time I had ever been to the airport was a couple of years ago, and I had wandered aimlessly in and out of security check points, unable to find anyone and feeling like zombies were going to burst from the terminals at any minute, so no.
So we headed out to the airport for a late lunch, and I was pleasantly pleased.
At first, the noticeably crooked line of pictures on the back wall threw me off as to the stability of the ceiling, but it added charm to the place.
Our waiter was extremely polite and quick to bring our drinks while giving me more time to study the menu.
When my friend mentioned "airport Chinese," I assumed that it was going to be all Chinese, but they had chicken tenders, steak fingers, and the infamous bacon cheeseburger.
Of course, I had to have something Chinese, so I ordered the Sweet and Sour Supreme.
This bad boy had sweet and sour chicken, pork and shrimp, accompanied by half a plate of fried rice.
My friend ordered us a plate of fried noodles, a first for me, and they were delicious. They were kind of like chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants, only they were noodles and sweet and sour sauce.
Anyway, my entire meal was great and cheap, coming in just over nine bucks.
It satisfied my need for fried rice and sweet and sour chicken without my having to pay crazy prices at a hibachi. Give it a try! Head out to the airport and you won't be sorry.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor