Restaurant Review: Mathis Field CafÃ©
Dana Choi, Editor-in-Chief. Ram Page
Airport Chinese is what my friend first called it.
I must have had a confused look on my face, like the one on your pet dog's when you put on a Halloween mask and talk to him in strange voices, because she quickly said, "You didn't know there was a restaurant at the airport?"
Well, the only time I had ever been to the airport was a couple of years ago, and I had wandered aimlessly in and out of security check points, unable to find anyone and feeling like zombies were going to burst from the terminals at any minute, so no.
So we headed out to the airport for a late lunch, and I was pleasantly pleased.
At first, the noticeably crooked line of pictures on the back wall threw me off as to the stability of the ceiling, but it added charm to the place.
Our waiter was extremely polite and quick to bring our drinks while giving me more time to study the menu.
When my friend mentioned "airport Chinese," I assumed that it was going to be all Chinese, but they had chicken tenders, steak fingers, and the infamous bacon cheeseburger.
Of course, I had to have something Chinese, so I ordered the Sweet and Sour Supreme.
This bad boy had sweet and sour chicken, pork and shrimp, accompanied by half a plate of fried rice.
My friend ordered us a plate of fried noodles, a first for me, and they were delicious. They were kind of like chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants, only they were noodles and sweet and sour sauce.
Anyway, my entire meal was great and cheap, coming in just over nine bucks.
It satisfied my need for fried rice and sweet and sour chicken without my having to pay crazy prices at a hibachi. Give it a try! Head out to the airport and you won't be sorry.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Softball seniors go out with a bang at their last home game
- German club hosts Walpurgis Night, all are invited
- Student chooses ASU for the small time feel, scholarships and smiling faces
- Athlete from Hamlin, Texas, picks ASU for track experience
- PIKE gets risqué for a good cause
- Famous paleontologist talks to students about his discovery of an extinct fish
- Drop and Shop sale benefits Concho Valley PAWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!