Restaurant Review: Mathis Field CafÃ©
Dana Choi, Editor-in-Chief. Ram Page
Airport Chinese is what my friend first called it.
I must have had a confused look on my face, like the one on your pet dog's when you put on a Halloween mask and talk to him in strange voices, because she quickly said, "You didn't know there was a restaurant at the airport?"
Well, the only time I had ever been to the airport was a couple of years ago, and I had wandered aimlessly in and out of security check points, unable to find anyone and feeling like zombies were going to burst from the terminals at any minute, so no.
So we headed out to the airport for a late lunch, and I was pleasantly pleased.
At first, the noticeably crooked line of pictures on the back wall threw me off as to the stability of the ceiling, but it added charm to the place.
Our waiter was extremely polite and quick to bring our drinks while giving me more time to study the menu.
When my friend mentioned "airport Chinese," I assumed that it was going to be all Chinese, but they had chicken tenders, steak fingers, and the infamous bacon cheeseburger.
Of course, I had to have something Chinese, so I ordered the Sweet and Sour Supreme.
This bad boy had sweet and sour chicken, pork and shrimp, accompanied by half a plate of fried rice.
My friend ordered us a plate of fried noodles, a first for me, and they were delicious. They were kind of like chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants, only they were noodles and sweet and sour sauce.
Anyway, my entire meal was great and cheap, coming in just over nine bucks.
It satisfied my need for fried rice and sweet and sour chicken without my having to pay crazy prices at a hibachi. Give it a try! Head out to the airport and you won't be sorry.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program