Restaurant Review: Mathis Field CafÃ©
Dana Choi, Editor-in-Chief. Ram Page
Airport Chinese is what my friend first called it.
I must have had a confused look on my face, like the one on your pet dog's when you put on a Halloween mask and talk to him in strange voices, because she quickly said, "You didn't know there was a restaurant at the airport?"
Well, the only time I had ever been to the airport was a couple of years ago, and I had wandered aimlessly in and out of security check points, unable to find anyone and feeling like zombies were going to burst from the terminals at any minute, so no.
So we headed out to the airport for a late lunch, and I was pleasantly pleased.
At first, the noticeably crooked line of pictures on the back wall threw me off as to the stability of the ceiling, but it added charm to the place.
Our waiter was extremely polite and quick to bring our drinks while giving me more time to study the menu.
When my friend mentioned "airport Chinese," I assumed that it was going to be all Chinese, but they had chicken tenders, steak fingers, and the infamous bacon cheeseburger.
Of course, I had to have something Chinese, so I ordered the Sweet and Sour Supreme.
This bad boy had sweet and sour chicken, pork and shrimp, accompanied by half a plate of fried rice.
My friend ordered us a plate of fried noodles, a first for me, and they were delicious. They were kind of like chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants, only they were noodles and sweet and sour sauce.
Anyway, my entire meal was great and cheap, coming in just over nine bucks.
It satisfied my need for fried rice and sweet and sour chicken without my having to pay crazy prices at a hibachi. Give it a try! Head out to the airport and you won't be sorry.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Prevent Water Damage And Cut Insurance Costs
- How to Sit Through a Movie in Comfort
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'