Softball sweeps Texas A&M-International
‘Belles to continue strong home play
Zachary Marsden, President of VGA
The 'Belles walked away with two wins on Wednesday, March 5 against Texas A&M-International. The 'Belles currently sit with a 17-7 overall record and a 2-1 for Lone Star Conference.
In game one the 'Belles won 12-8. The Dustdevils took an early 1-0 lead.
In the bottom of the second, Tina Cisneros took a walk to start the inning. Lanie Robinson hit an RBI, which brought in Cisneros.
Both Ambra Hill and Morgan Spearman hit back-to-back singles. Micherie Koria hit a double.
Finally, Darian Dunn added a single and the score brought the 'Belles in the lead. (6-1)
As a comeback, the Dustdevils had a three run home run, which brought the score to 6-4.
Kenedy Urbany pitched in the fifth and sixth innings which gave the Dustdevils a disadvantage in scoring points.
Game two of the doubleheader showed not only the girls batting skills but there pitching skills as well.
Sandra Serna pitched five innings only allowing three hits. Serna struck out six runners. Spearman was able to hit a bunt single.
In the third inning Spearman and Dunn both hit home runs, and six other 'Belles would record a hit. In the fourth inning, Kelly Johnson hit a grand slam, which extended the score to 19-0.
The 'Belles will be back on the field Friday, March 7 at 6 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?