Softball sweeps Texas A&M-International
‘Belles to continue strong home play
Zachary Marsden, President of VGA
The 'Belles walked away with two wins on Wednesday, March 5 against Texas A&M-International. The 'Belles currently sit with a 17-7 overall record and a 2-1 for Lone Star Conference.
In game one the 'Belles won 12-8. The Dustdevils took an early 1-0 lead.
In the bottom of the second, Tina Cisneros took a walk to start the inning. Lanie Robinson hit an RBI, which brought in Cisneros.
Both Ambra Hill and Morgan Spearman hit back-to-back singles. Micherie Koria hit a double.
Finally, Darian Dunn added a single and the score brought the 'Belles in the lead. (6-1)
As a comeback, the Dustdevils had a three run home run, which brought the score to 6-4.
Kenedy Urbany pitched in the fifth and sixth innings which gave the Dustdevils a disadvantage in scoring points.
Game two of the doubleheader showed not only the girls batting skills but there pitching skills as well.
Sandra Serna pitched five innings only allowing three hits. Serna struck out six runners. Spearman was able to hit a bunt single.
In the third inning Spearman and Dunn both hit home runs, and six other 'Belles would record a hit. In the fourth inning, Kelly Johnson hit a grand slam, which extended the score to 19-0.
The 'Belles will be back on the field Friday, March 7 at 6 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer