Softball sweeps Texas A&M-International
‘Belles to continue strong home play
Zachary Marsden, President of VGA
The 'Belles walked away with two wins on Wednesday, March 5 against Texas A&M-International. The 'Belles currently sit with a 17-7 overall record and a 2-1 for Lone Star Conference.
In game one the 'Belles won 12-8. The Dustdevils took an early 1-0 lead.
In the bottom of the second, Tina Cisneros took a walk to start the inning. Lanie Robinson hit an RBI, which brought in Cisneros.
Both Ambra Hill and Morgan Spearman hit back-to-back singles. Micherie Koria hit a double.
Finally, Darian Dunn added a single and the score brought the 'Belles in the lead. (6-1)
As a comeback, the Dustdevils had a three run home run, which brought the score to 6-4.
Kenedy Urbany pitched in the fifth and sixth innings which gave the Dustdevils a disadvantage in scoring points.
Game two of the doubleheader showed not only the girls batting skills but there pitching skills as well.
Sandra Serna pitched five innings only allowing three hits. Serna struck out six runners. Spearman was able to hit a bunt single.
In the third inning Spearman and Dunn both hit home runs, and six other 'Belles would record a hit. In the fourth inning, Kelly Johnson hit a grand slam, which extended the score to 19-0.
The 'Belles will be back on the field Friday, March 7 at 6 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses