Softball sweeps Texas A&M-International
‘Belles to continue strong home play
Zachary Marsden, President of VGA
The 'Belles walked away with two wins on Wednesday, March 5 against Texas A&M-International. The 'Belles currently sit with a 17-7 overall record and a 2-1 for Lone Star Conference.
In game one the 'Belles won 12-8. The Dustdevils took an early 1-0 lead.
In the bottom of the second, Tina Cisneros took a walk to start the inning. Lanie Robinson hit an RBI, which brought in Cisneros.
Both Ambra Hill and Morgan Spearman hit back-to-back singles. Micherie Koria hit a double.
Finally, Darian Dunn added a single and the score brought the 'Belles in the lead. (6-1)
As a comeback, the Dustdevils had a three run home run, which brought the score to 6-4.
Kenedy Urbany pitched in the fifth and sixth innings which gave the Dustdevils a disadvantage in scoring points.
Game two of the doubleheader showed not only the girls batting skills but there pitching skills as well.
Sandra Serna pitched five innings only allowing three hits. Serna struck out six runners. Spearman was able to hit a bunt single.
In the third inning Spearman and Dunn both hit home runs, and six other 'Belles would record a hit. In the fourth inning, Kelly Johnson hit a grand slam, which extended the score to 19-0.
The 'Belles will be back on the field Friday, March 7 at 6 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Families to gather for campus-wide activities
- Rambelles keep a clear head in their winning streak
- Chop Busters, a way to drum up some muscle
- Artistry of all forms welcome to campus club
- Physics major goes to Switzerland with hopes to answer mysteries of the universe
- Korean student sees difference in US communication
- Students challenge themselves and make new friends
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids