Advising time again
Zachary Marsden, President of VGA
Advising had begun, and it is time to start thinking about next semester. For some, it might be our last semester, and for others it could be the beginning of our college career. Advising is important because it gives us insight into which courses we have to take, but it also allows us to know how much time left we have before graduation. It is vital to know which classes to take and which ones we have already taken. Advisers are the "gods" when it comes to planning out a semester.
When it comes to advising, it might be hard to know what to choose. There are so many different class options to choose from. Conflict might come up when trying to determine which class to pick. Don't worry, though. As soon as advising starts, it is best to log onto Ramport and start making a list of potential classes you want/need to take. Write down everything on a piece of paper and make sure to write more than one class time down. Some classes fill up faster than others. If you are not able to make it into the particular math class you wanted, it will be easy to get into another if you have it written down.
Another great resource to help prepare for advising and registration is the Schedule Planner. The Schedule Planner is a way for students to select different courses that they want to take and then the planner generates a variety of schedules.
The difference in the schedules allows you to view how your week would be. It will color block each class and the time allotted for the class. Having this planner available lets you decide which schedule you might want. Not only are you able to choose different classes, you can also block a certain time period on certain days. Having this "break block" will generate class schedules around the block.
Advising has to be done. It benefits every student because we need to know which classes to take. Be sure to write down a list of questions if needed when you set up your advising appointment. It will make if you plan ahead and have a general idea of what you want to take.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Softball seniors go out with a bang at their last home game
- German club hosts Walpurgis Night, all are invited
- Student chooses ASU for the small time feel, scholarships and smiling faces
- Athlete from Hamlin, Texas, picks ASU for track experience
- PIKE gets risqué for a good cause
- Famous paleontologist talks to students about his discovery of an extinct fish
- Drop and Shop sale benefits Concho Valley PAWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!