Advising time again
Zachary Marsden, President of VGA
Advising had begun, and it is time to start thinking about next semester. For some, it might be our last semester, and for others it could be the beginning of our college career. Advising is important because it gives us insight into which courses we have to take, but it also allows us to know how much time left we have before graduation. It is vital to know which classes to take and which ones we have already taken. Advisers are the "gods" when it comes to planning out a semester.
When it comes to advising, it might be hard to know what to choose. There are so many different class options to choose from. Conflict might come up when trying to determine which class to pick. Don't worry, though. As soon as advising starts, it is best to log onto Ramport and start making a list of potential classes you want/need to take. Write down everything on a piece of paper and make sure to write more than one class time down. Some classes fill up faster than others. If you are not able to make it into the particular math class you wanted, it will be easy to get into another if you have it written down.
Another great resource to help prepare for advising and registration is the Schedule Planner. The Schedule Planner is a way for students to select different courses that they want to take and then the planner generates a variety of schedules.
The difference in the schedules allows you to view how your week would be. It will color block each class and the time allotted for the class. Having this planner available lets you decide which schedule you might want. Not only are you able to choose different classes, you can also block a certain time period on certain days. Having this "break block" will generate class schedules around the block.
Advising has to be done. It benefits every student because we need to know which classes to take. Be sure to write down a list of questions if needed when you set up your advising appointment. It will make if you plan ahead and have a general idea of what you want to take.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities