Advising time again
Zachary Marsden, President of VGA
Advising had begun, and it is time to start thinking about next semester. For some, it might be our last semester, and for others it could be the beginning of our college career. Advising is important because it gives us insight into which courses we have to take, but it also allows us to know how much time left we have before graduation. It is vital to know which classes to take and which ones we have already taken. Advisers are the "gods" when it comes to planning out a semester.
When it comes to advising, it might be hard to know what to choose. There are so many different class options to choose from. Conflict might come up when trying to determine which class to pick. Don't worry, though. As soon as advising starts, it is best to log onto Ramport and start making a list of potential classes you want/need to take. Write down everything on a piece of paper and make sure to write more than one class time down. Some classes fill up faster than others. If you are not able to make it into the particular math class you wanted, it will be easy to get into another if you have it written down.
Another great resource to help prepare for advising and registration is the Schedule Planner. The Schedule Planner is a way for students to select different courses that they want to take and then the planner generates a variety of schedules.
The difference in the schedules allows you to view how your week would be. It will color block each class and the time allotted for the class. Having this planner available lets you decide which schedule you might want. Not only are you able to choose different classes, you can also block a certain time period on certain days. Having this "break block" will generate class schedules around the block.
Advising has to be done. It benefits every student because we need to know which classes to take. Be sure to write down a list of questions if needed when you set up your advising appointment. It will make if you plan ahead and have a general idea of what you want to take.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards