Philosophy and God discussion
The Philosophy Club has asked ASU students through a poll on Ramport about which philosophical topic they would like to hear Dr. Susana Badiola and Dr. John Glassford debate.
As president of the club, I am pleased to announce that our philosophy professors will be discussing "Philosophy and God" on March 21 at 2:00 pm in Rassman room 105.
People often assume that either philosophy denigrates religion or that it is synonymous with religious studies.
Philosophy, contrary to both of these views, tries to understand what we mean when we talk about God and what role God has in our lives.
There is no consensus in philosophy about whether God exists, and in fact, a consensus would defeat the purpose of talking about God in philosophy.
Instead, philosophy promotes tolerance through respectful consideration of different views on God and offers an outlet for exploring problems with our understanding of such ideas as the eternal, the omniscient, evil, faith, and the unknowable.
This discussion will offer possibilities for whether and to what extent philosophy can enrich belief in God or a lack thereof.
Anyone interested in free and open discussion, free popcorn, and free drinks is welcome to attend.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?