Philosophy and God discussion
The Philosophy Club has asked ASU students through a poll on Ramport about which philosophical topic they would like to hear Dr. Susana Badiola and Dr. John Glassford debate.
As president of the club, I am pleased to announce that our philosophy professors will be discussing "Philosophy and God" on March 21 at 2:00 pm in Rassman room 105.
People often assume that either philosophy denigrates religion or that it is synonymous with religious studies.
Philosophy, contrary to both of these views, tries to understand what we mean when we talk about God and what role God has in our lives.
There is no consensus in philosophy about whether God exists, and in fact, a consensus would defeat the purpose of talking about God in philosophy.
Instead, philosophy promotes tolerance through respectful consideration of different views on God and offers an outlet for exploring problems with our understanding of such ideas as the eternal, the omniscient, evil, faith, and the unknowable.
This discussion will offer possibilities for whether and to what extent philosophy can enrich belief in God or a lack thereof.
Anyone interested in free and open discussion, free popcorn, and free drinks is welcome to attend.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Softball seniors go out with a bang at their last home game
- German club hosts Walpurgis Night, all are invited
- Student chooses ASU for the small time feel, scholarships and smiling faces
- Athlete from Hamlin, Texas, picks ASU for track experience
- PIKE gets risqué for a good cause
- Famous paleontologist talks to students about his discovery of an extinct fish
- Drop and Shop sale benefits Concho Valley PAWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!