Library succeeds at donation drives
Students respond positively, predicts more drives to come
The Porter Henderson Library held the first ever installment of a series of donation drives benefitting the Concho Valley Home for Girls/Children's Emergency Shelter.
The drive spanned two weeks, yielding hundreds of useful items and materials that will be put to use in the shelter-such materials included personal hygiene products, toys and clothing.
The library intends to make this a lasting tradition at ASU, hoping to sponsor more drives in the future.
The response from the student body was positive. Many students helped to ensure that those in need within the Tom Green County area could live a more comfortable life.
"The students' participation in the drive was incredible," library media assistant Autumn Barnes said.
Barnes lead the drive, even bringing in her own children to help with the setting up of the donation boxes.
"We aimed to make the campus more aware of the needs these individuals have, where something like a coat or a pair of socks could go a long way," Barnes said. "We put up several boxes around the campus in the hopes that students or faculty walking by would notice and be moved by the cause."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists