Library succeeds at donation drives
Students respond positively, predicts more drives to come
The Porter Henderson Library held the first ever installment of a series of donation drives benefitting the Concho Valley Home for Girls/Children's Emergency Shelter.
The drive spanned two weeks, yielding hundreds of useful items and materials that will be put to use in the shelter-such materials included personal hygiene products, toys and clothing.
The library intends to make this a lasting tradition at ASU, hoping to sponsor more drives in the future.
The response from the student body was positive. Many students helped to ensure that those in need within the Tom Green County area could live a more comfortable life.
"The students' participation in the drive was incredible," library media assistant Autumn Barnes said.
Barnes lead the drive, even bringing in her own children to help with the setting up of the donation boxes.
"We aimed to make the campus more aware of the needs these individuals have, where something like a coat or a pair of socks could go a long way," Barnes said. "We put up several boxes around the campus in the hopes that students or faculty walking by would notice and be moved by the cause."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities