Library succeeds at donation drives
Students respond positively, predicts more drives to come
The Porter Henderson Library held the first ever installment of a series of donation drives benefitting the Concho Valley Home for Girls/Children's Emergency Shelter.
The drive spanned two weeks, yielding hundreds of useful items and materials that will be put to use in the shelter-such materials included personal hygiene products, toys and clothing.
The library intends to make this a lasting tradition at ASU, hoping to sponsor more drives in the future.
The response from the student body was positive. Many students helped to ensure that those in need within the Tom Green County area could live a more comfortable life.
"The students' participation in the drive was incredible," library media assistant Autumn Barnes said.
Barnes lead the drive, even bringing in her own children to help with the setting up of the donation boxes.
"We aimed to make the campus more aware of the needs these individuals have, where something like a coat or a pair of socks could go a long way," Barnes said. "We put up several boxes around the campus in the hopes that students or faculty walking by would notice and be moved by the cause."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”