Library succeeds at donation drives
Students respond positively, predicts more drives to come
The Porter Henderson Library held the first ever installment of a series of donation drives benefitting the Concho Valley Home for Girls/Children's Emergency Shelter.
The drive spanned two weeks, yielding hundreds of useful items and materials that will be put to use in the shelter-such materials included personal hygiene products, toys and clothing.
The library intends to make this a lasting tradition at ASU, hoping to sponsor more drives in the future.
The response from the student body was positive. Many students helped to ensure that those in need within the Tom Green County area could live a more comfortable life.
"The students' participation in the drive was incredible," library media assistant Autumn Barnes said.
Barnes lead the drive, even bringing in her own children to help with the setting up of the donation boxes.
"We aimed to make the campus more aware of the needs these individuals have, where something like a coat or a pair of socks could go a long way," Barnes said. "We put up several boxes around the campus in the hopes that students or faculty walking by would notice and be moved by the cause."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
- Congress Should Make It Easier for Taxpayers Who Still...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT