Restaurant Review: Peasant Village
The Legislatures decision to dip into the Economic Stabilization fund does not benefit higher education. Tim Lester
Being on a college student's budget, I generally don't go out to eat when it's sandwiches on the menu. I just don't see myself paying so much for a sandwich when, at least in my view, I can buy some meat, cheese, and a loaf of bread for the same price as one sandwich.
That particular take on the sandwich cuts a lot of local delis and sandwich shops out of my diet. However, a friend offered to buy me and a colleague lunch here, so I figured...what the heck.
If you have never been to Peasant Village (this was only my second time), they open for lunch, close, and then reopen for dinner.
Now, I hear their dinner is pretty snazzy, but I'm reviewing their lunch here, which consists of sandwiches and wraps.
They have some great stuff to put in their sandwiches, but the menu can be overwhelming if you try to order something in a hurry without already knowing what they have to offer.
All of their sandwiches go by unique names, some of which are inspired by San Angelo's first responders, or our men and women in uniform at Goodfellow.
Each has a very unique blend of meat, cheese, veggies and dressings on different types of breads, and it can be tricky to figure out what's what.
I mean, I had what they call a "flying pig," but I couldn't tell you what was on it. I just picked it because it had the most meat and the least amount of vegetables. Like I said, I'm a man!
My favorite thing about Peasant Village is the building it's located in, which is a house located at 23 S. Park St. Definitely not your average location.
For about 10 bucks with drink and chips, I've had far worse, so check out this unique joint when you feel like splurging on a tasty sandwich. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
- Stem Cells, Biologics Could Be Answer to Next Generation...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS