Restaurant Review: Peasant Village
The Legislatures decision to dip into the Economic Stabilization fund does not benefit higher education. Tim Lester
Being on a college student's budget, I generally don't go out to eat when it's sandwiches on the menu. I just don't see myself paying so much for a sandwich when, at least in my view, I can buy some meat, cheese, and a loaf of bread for the same price as one sandwich.
That particular take on the sandwich cuts a lot of local delis and sandwich shops out of my diet. However, a friend offered to buy me and a colleague lunch here, so I figured...what the heck.
If you have never been to Peasant Village (this was only my second time), they open for lunch, close, and then reopen for dinner.
Now, I hear their dinner is pretty snazzy, but I'm reviewing their lunch here, which consists of sandwiches and wraps.
They have some great stuff to put in their sandwiches, but the menu can be overwhelming if you try to order something in a hurry without already knowing what they have to offer.
All of their sandwiches go by unique names, some of which are inspired by San Angelo's first responders, or our men and women in uniform at Goodfellow.
Each has a very unique blend of meat, cheese, veggies and dressings on different types of breads, and it can be tricky to figure out what's what.
I mean, I had what they call a "flying pig," but I couldn't tell you what was on it. I just picked it because it had the most meat and the least amount of vegetables. Like I said, I'm a man!
My favorite thing about Peasant Village is the building it's located in, which is a house located at 23 S. Park St. Definitely not your average location.
For about 10 bucks with drink and chips, I've had far worse, so check out this unique joint when you feel like splurging on a tasty sandwich. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board