Track and Field hosts multi-event at home
Both teams continue to rack up victories
The Legislatures decision to dip into the Economic Stabilization fund does not benefit higher education. Tim Lester
The Rams and the Rambelles completed their meet on Saturday strong, scoring 148.50 points and 204 points respectively, defeating the teams in their way.
"I think the team is looking really well," freshman Hagen Kennedy said. "Seeing everyone's progress as times get lower is exciting."
The Rams and Rambelles had a combined score of 16 victories, with eight wins for each team.
"We are doing pretty well," graduate student Robbie Thayer said.
Thayer said the team is starting strength work, and these exercises will help the team decrease their times.
Junior Wala Gime placed second in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.25 seconds. He also had a victory in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 53.48 seconds.
The Rams sit in the No. 5 spot, where they hope to get better with time.
The Lone Star Conference Outdoor Champions will begin May 1 in Kingsville, Texas.
Gime said the coaches are giving the players the strength to improve to next week, where they can perform well for nationals. The NCAA Championship will begin May 22 in Allendale, Mich.
Despite a small injury, the Rams were successful in the 4x100 relays, an event they won with a time of 3:13.
Gime, Thayer, junior Dallas Gray and junior Daniel Perez ran in the relay.
Kennedy said that practice is going well and all of the athletes are staying healthy.
The Rams have a good mark in this point of the season, Thayer said, and he thinks the team is pretty solid so far.
The Rambelles also performed well with red shirt sophomore Jasmine Ambowode winning the triple jump and the 400-meter hurdles. Ambowode's time in the hurdles was 59.58 seconds. Her triple jump was 12.49 meters.
Juniors Lexi Brooks, Jordan Gray, Jaylen Rodgers and Ambowode participated in the 4X100 relays. The girls came out in first place with a time of 3:46.
On Wednesday, April 9 Ambowode and Gray were named LSC track and field athletes of the week.
The recognition came about after Ambowode won the 400-meter hurdles. Gray won the long jump at the David Noble Relays with a leap of 6.01 meters.
The Ram and Rambelles have a second multi-event meet Thursday, April 10 and Friday, April 11 at the LeGrand Sports Complex.
The team will then head to the Wes Kittley Invitational in Abilene on Saturday, April 12.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Key Ingredients for a Healthy Heart
- Spring Cleaning Made Easy to Help Tackle Inanimate Allergens
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards