By Jessica Garcia
San Angelo may not seem like a scary place, but the number ofghost sightings and the paranormal activity that has occurred inthis west Texas town continues to grow.
Fort Concho, Reagan Elementary, Sunset Malland ASU are all on the list for "haunted places in SanAngelo," according to www.theshadowlands.net.
Director of Fort Concho Robert Bluthardt saidthere have been two separate ghosts sighted at the fort, which is40-acres wide and houses 24 buildings.
A young child named Edith Grierson has beensighted in the Officer's Quarters No. 1 at night, he said,but she died on Sept.9, 1878, from an illness.
In addition to Grierson, buffalo soldiers havebeen seen walking along No. 5 and No.6 barracks; specifically, aSgt. Fletcher has been recognized. Fletcher was the first sergeantin the 16th Infantry.
"These ghosts have been seen by sanepeople," Bluthardt said.
However, Bluthardt hasn't seen onehimself.
Neither has Jamie Highsmith, publicinformation and staff development employee for the San AngeloIndependent School District, in reference to the haunting at ReaganElementary.
"The district does not maintain anyinformation about ghosts or the paranormal," she said.
Reagan Elementary is home to the murder of twocheerleaders.
The cheerleaders haunt the girl'sbathroom where they were killed, and even the janitorial stafffears the ghosts, the Web site said.
Miss Hattie's Bordello may not be thesite of a murder, but strange things have been recorded ashappening in the museum.
According to the Web site lonestarspirits.org,there have been items moved from one room to another each night,for example, a pair of shoes.
Ghosts are even inescapable at the mall.
In one of the closets of the old Luby'srestaurant in Sunset Mall, two children can be heard playing andtalking, the Web site said.
The Sunset Mall Management office, however,had no knowledge of this matter and could not comment.
There is one ghostly tale that can be given afirst-hand account by ASU's very own Ram Page staff.
At ASU, the murder and memory of LeandraMorales in the Hardeman Building in 1978 continues to haunt theuniversity.
Morales was killed by a fellow student who wassmitten with her, and then killed her when she denied hisadvances.
Members of the Ram Page staff have said theHardeman Building was indeed haunted. Winston Hall, a columnist forthe paper last year, included in his research of the hauntedbuilding accounts of "footsteps in the hallway, reflectionsof hazy apparitions appearing behind them while on the staircase,and even ‘cold spots' in the hallway."
The Ram Page staff, however, is now located inthe third story of the library and there have been no appearancesof Leandra … yet.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Delta Zeta hosts their last annual Turtle Tug philanthropy event
- Korean student chose ASU to practice English
- ASU brings a dark subject to light through an open mic night
- Ram Tram gives students at ASU a new mode of transportation
- Guns on campus may become a reality in near future
- A new era begins after a legendary season for Ram Basketball
- Ram baseball wins two of the four game series against Tarleton
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now