By Jessica Garcia
San Angelo may not seem like a scary place, but the number ofghost sightings and the paranormal activity that has occurred inthis west Texas town continues to grow.
Fort Concho, Reagan Elementary, Sunset Malland ASU are all on the list for "haunted places in SanAngelo," according to www.theshadowlands.net.
Director of Fort Concho Robert Bluthardt saidthere have been two separate ghosts sighted at the fort, which is40-acres wide and houses 24 buildings.
A young child named Edith Grierson has beensighted in the Officer's Quarters No. 1 at night, he said,but she died on Sept.9, 1878, from an illness.
In addition to Grierson, buffalo soldiers havebeen seen walking along No. 5 and No.6 barracks; specifically, aSgt. Fletcher has been recognized. Fletcher was the first sergeantin the 16th Infantry.
"These ghosts have been seen by sanepeople," Bluthardt said.
However, Bluthardt hasn't seen onehimself.
Neither has Jamie Highsmith, publicinformation and staff development employee for the San AngeloIndependent School District, in reference to the haunting at ReaganElementary.
"The district does not maintain anyinformation about ghosts or the paranormal," she said.
Reagan Elementary is home to the murder of twocheerleaders.
The cheerleaders haunt the girl'sbathroom where they were killed, and even the janitorial stafffears the ghosts, the Web site said.
Miss Hattie's Bordello may not be thesite of a murder, but strange things have been recorded ashappening in the museum.
According to the Web site lonestarspirits.org,there have been items moved from one room to another each night,for example, a pair of shoes.
Ghosts are even inescapable at the mall.
In one of the closets of the old Luby'srestaurant in Sunset Mall, two children can be heard playing andtalking, the Web site said.
The Sunset Mall Management office, however,had no knowledge of this matter and could not comment.
There is one ghostly tale that can be given afirst-hand account by ASU's very own Ram Page staff.
At ASU, the murder and memory of LeandraMorales in the Hardeman Building in 1978 continues to haunt theuniversity.
Morales was killed by a fellow student who wassmitten with her, and then killed her when she denied hisadvances.
Members of the Ram Page staff have said theHardeman Building was indeed haunted. Winston Hall, a columnist forthe paper last year, included in his research of the hauntedbuilding accounts of "footsteps in the hallway, reflectionsof hazy apparitions appearing behind them while on the staircase,and even ‘cold spots' in the hallway."
The Ram Page staff, however, is now located inthe third story of the library and there have been no appearancesof Leandra … yet.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
- The Most Dangerous Time of the Year? Safety Tips for the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists