Alpha Chi inducts new members
Students look forward to opportunities within the society
Alpha Chi is just one of the honor societies on campus, Professor of Mathematics and Alpha Chi advisor Karl Havlak said. ASU got its first chapter of Alpha Chi in 1968. "My mother helps with Tarleton [State University's] chapter of Alpha Chi," Riggs said. "That was how I first heard about the organization and learned more about it."
Membership for the society is limited to juniors who rank in the top 7.5 percent of their class and seniors who rank in the top 10 percent of their class, Havlak said.
"Knowing that my grades are in the top of the university is extra motivation to [continue to do my best]," Bruns said.
"I have been involved with Alpha Chi for the last 10 years, and I enjoy working with these students," he said. "I was personally inducted in Alpha Chi when I went to ASU in 1989."
"Alpha Chi members can go to the conference and deliver a 10-minute presentation," Riggs said. "Going to the conference would be an awesome experience."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program