Incoming freshmen required to take new course
Courses aimed to help in different areas
Starting fall 2014, all incoming freshmen will be required to enroll in a signature course of their choice.
The signature courses range in a variety of topics and gives freshmen a feel for ASU and the community.
According to the ASU signature course website, the courses will create a classroom environment where first-year students can interact with faculty. The topics up for discussion will pose mutual interest and engage in shared inquiry with the practice of reasoning.
There are 42 signature courses for the fall. Each class is small in size to further the instructor and student connection, according to the website.
Signature courses may fall into any of the 50 categories listed of the signature courses webpage.
Courses include "Choosing a STEM career," "Lights, Camera, Action: Teach!" and "The Many Faces of College Freshmen."
Each course is taught by a different faculty or staff member on campus. According to the ASU signature courses website, each course will allow first-year students to interact with their professors and classmates, investigate contemporary or interdisciplinary issues, or simply explore a major.
The courses will hit five areas: writing, oral communication, information literacy, university resources and lecture series.
Freshmen should register for a signature course, they can search the courses under General Studies 1181.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'