Incoming freshmen required to take new course
Courses aimed to help in different areas
Starting fall 2014, all incoming freshmen will be required to enroll in a signature course of their choice.
The signature courses range in a variety of topics and gives freshmen a feel for ASU and the community.
According to the ASU signature course website, the courses will create a classroom environment where first-year students can interact with faculty. The topics up for discussion will pose mutual interest and engage in shared inquiry with the practice of reasoning.
There are 42 signature courses for the fall. Each class is small in size to further the instructor and student connection, according to the website.
Signature courses may fall into any of the 50 categories listed of the signature courses webpage.
Courses include "Choosing a STEM career," "Lights, Camera, Action: Teach!" and "The Many Faces of College Freshmen."
Each course is taught by a different faculty or staff member on campus. According to the ASU signature courses website, each course will allow first-year students to interact with their professors and classmates, investigate contemporary or interdisciplinary issues, or simply explore a major.
The courses will hit five areas: writing, oral communication, information literacy, university resources and lecture series.
Freshmen should register for a signature course, they can search the courses under General Studies 1181.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016