Incoming freshmen required to take new course
Courses aimed to help in different areas
Starting fall 2014, all incoming freshmen will be required to enroll in a signature course of their choice.
The signature courses range in a variety of topics and gives freshmen a feel for ASU and the community.
According to the ASU signature course website, the courses will create a classroom environment where first-year students can interact with faculty. The topics up for discussion will pose mutual interest and engage in shared inquiry with the practice of reasoning.
There are 42 signature courses for the fall. Each class is small in size to further the instructor and student connection, according to the website.
Signature courses may fall into any of the 50 categories listed of the signature courses webpage.
Courses include "Choosing a STEM career," "Lights, Camera, Action: Teach!" and "The Many Faces of College Freshmen."
Each course is taught by a different faculty or staff member on campus. According to the ASU signature courses website, each course will allow first-year students to interact with their professors and classmates, investigate contemporary or interdisciplinary issues, or simply explore a major.
The courses will hit five areas: writing, oral communication, information literacy, university resources and lecture series.
Freshmen should register for a signature course, they can search the courses under General Studies 1181.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities