ASU loses student in single-vehicle crash
Junior Jamie Palmer, 21, died April 7 a little after midnight in a single-vehicle crash.
"My only wish is that I would have known her longer," senior Claire Morris said in the Standard-Times guest book. "I enjoyed every minute of our time together, and I treasure all of the laughs and conversations that we had."
Palmer was pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education with an emphasis on special education.
"She was such a caring person, and I always knew that she would make such a wonderful special education teacher," Teacher Education Professor Dr. Judith Hakes said. "She told me that she chose that tough profession for a reason, and that was because she wanted to help the children whom many others might give up on. I think this is a true testament to the kind of person she was."
Hakes said she remembers the last time she saw Palmer in class.
"She had a great big smile on her face," Hakes said. "It seemed like she was always smiling."
Morris said Palmer loved and was devoted to her family.
"Jamie truly was a beautiful girl inside and out," Morris said. "I know that she is watching over her family. I never had the opportunity to spend time with all of the Palmers, but with the way that she always spoke about all of them, I could tell that there was nothing in the world more important to her."
Palmer had a great love for animals and was especially close to her dog, Nola, according to the obituary.
It also said Palmer never shied away from a tough job and was always willing to help anyone in need.
"I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know her," Morris said. "Even though this tragedy cut our friendship short, it is definitely one that I will carry with me forever. I will never forget that girl."
Palmer, originally from Ballinger, Texas, graduated from Ballinger High School in 2010.
"It is such a loss, but I know she is in God's capable hands now, and she will be waiting in paradise to be with those she loved once again," Morris said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge