ASU loses student in single-vehicle crash
Junior Jamie Palmer, 21, died April 7 a little after midnight in a single-vehicle crash.
"My only wish is that I would have known her longer," senior Claire Morris said in the Standard-Times guest book. "I enjoyed every minute of our time together, and I treasure all of the laughs and conversations that we had."
Palmer was pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education with an emphasis on special education.
"She was such a caring person, and I always knew that she would make such a wonderful special education teacher," Teacher Education Professor Dr. Judith Hakes said. "She told me that she chose that tough profession for a reason, and that was because she wanted to help the children whom many others might give up on. I think this is a true testament to the kind of person she was."
Hakes said she remembers the last time she saw Palmer in class.
"She had a great big smile on her face," Hakes said. "It seemed like she was always smiling."
Morris said Palmer loved and was devoted to her family.
"Jamie truly was a beautiful girl inside and out," Morris said. "I know that she is watching over her family. I never had the opportunity to spend time with all of the Palmers, but with the way that she always spoke about all of them, I could tell that there was nothing in the world more important to her."
Palmer had a great love for animals and was especially close to her dog, Nola, according to the obituary.
It also said Palmer never shied away from a tough job and was always willing to help anyone in need.
"I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know her," Morris said. "Even though this tragedy cut our friendship short, it is definitely one that I will carry with me forever. I will never forget that girl."
Palmer, originally from Ballinger, Texas, graduated from Ballinger High School in 2010.
"It is such a loss, but I know she is in God's capable hands now, and she will be waiting in paradise to be with those she loved once again," Morris said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards