ASU loses student in single-vehicle crash
Junior Jamie Palmer, 21, died April 7 a little after midnight in a single-vehicle crash.
"My only wish is that I would have known her longer," senior Claire Morris said in the Standard-Times guest book. "I enjoyed every minute of our time together, and I treasure all of the laughs and conversations that we had."
Palmer was pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education with an emphasis on special education.
"She was such a caring person, and I always knew that she would make such a wonderful special education teacher," Teacher Education Professor Dr. Judith Hakes said. "She told me that she chose that tough profession for a reason, and that was because she wanted to help the children whom many others might give up on. I think this is a true testament to the kind of person she was."
Hakes said she remembers the last time she saw Palmer in class.
"She had a great big smile on her face," Hakes said. "It seemed like she was always smiling."
Morris said Palmer loved and was devoted to her family.
"Jamie truly was a beautiful girl inside and out," Morris said. "I know that she is watching over her family. I never had the opportunity to spend time with all of the Palmers, but with the way that she always spoke about all of them, I could tell that there was nothing in the world more important to her."
Palmer had a great love for animals and was especially close to her dog, Nola, according to the obituary.
It also said Palmer never shied away from a tough job and was always willing to help anyone in need.
"I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know her," Morris said. "Even though this tragedy cut our friendship short, it is definitely one that I will carry with me forever. I will never forget that girl."
Palmer, originally from Ballinger, Texas, graduated from Ballinger High School in 2010.
"It is such a loss, but I know she is in God's capable hands now, and she will be waiting in paradise to be with those she loved once again," Morris said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World