Rams receive good rankings after last weekend's games
Rams add two wins to record
The Rams baseball team secured two out of three wins against West Texas A&M Friday, April 18, and Saturday, April 19.
In the series opener on Friday, the Rams won 8-7.
The Rams took on West Texas at the beginning of the season in a four-game series and lost all games.
ASU had nine hits and four errors in the field in game one.
In the bottom of the first inning, freshman JP Zapata started the inning with a walk and would score on a triple by sophomore David Goggin.
Goggin scored on a single from junior Derek Tyner. This put the Rams in the lead at 2-1.
Junior Blake Bass pitched a scoreless second and third inning.
West Texas scored a run in the fourth and fifth innings and took the lead. No runs were made in the sixth inning, but the Rams came back strong in the seventh inning.
Senior Tyler Coughenour was hit by a pitch in the bottom of the seventh, allowing him a walk.
Junior Brett David was also hit by a pitch, which sent him down to first base.
Zapata brought Coughenour home after a single hit to the middle of the infield.
Goggin followed Zapata with a run-scoring single, which tied the game 4-4.
Tyner hit a single, which brought the score to 5-4. The Rams then added one more run bring the score to 6-4.
Angelo State did not score any runs in the eighth inning, but West Texas was able to score three runs.
The Buffs were unable to rack up more runs in the ninth inning, putting an end to game one.
After their win on Friday, the Rams took the mound for a doubleheader.
In game one, the teams played eight innings, coming out on top with a score of 10-8.
Coughenour hit a homerun, which brought in three runs in the extra inning, and lifted the team to the win.
In the second game on Saturday, the Rams came out with only one run and lost the final game in the series.
The Rams did not score in game two until the second inning.
They did not score during the rest of the game.
The Rams are now in third place after these three games, according to the Lone Star Conference standings.
On Wednesday, April 23, the NCAA Division II South Central regional rankings were released. ASU sits at No. 6. The Rams are overall 25-19.
The Rams have ended their home games and will be on the road for the rest of the season.
ASU will play Texas A&M University-Kingsville Friday, April 25, and Saturday, April 26, in Kingsville.
The Rams will end their season playing Eastern New Mexico University Friday, May 2, and Saturday, May 3, in Portales, N.M.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge