Restaurant Review: Mathis Field Cafe Part II
Out of all the restaurants I have eaten at and reviewed this semester, one really stood out.
Mathis Field CafÃ© , or as I'll always remember it, "Airport Chinese," just keeps calling me back for more.
Of course, that could have been my best friend and colleague, Larissa. Larissa had been poking at me about going back the day that I needed to have a review in, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I find their fried rice oh-so-delicious.
While I enjoyed their sweet and sour supreme last time I was in, I thought I'd give their American food a taste, and yet again, it was yummy.
This time with a "safe bet" that I am particularly picky about, I chose the double bacon cheeseburger.
There are so many places who can just flat out ruin this classic for me, but Mathis Field CafÃ© did a bangin' job.
First of all, our wait staff was friendly and prompt as always.
At one moment, our waiter came to apologize for the wait and said our food would be out soon. I looked around, bewildered, and said to my friends, "I didn't think we'd even been waiting long."
If I'm being patient like that, you know it hasn't been long. I can't even wait for my George Foreman Grill to heat up.
This time around, a lot of the construction that had been going on at the airport was finished, for the most part, and we were able to watch a few planes take off and land as we ate.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my burger looked. I mean, it wasn't a puny McDouble or anything, but it wasn't a huge pile of bread with a little meat in it (what I'm used to getting at "nicer" restaurants).
My tummy and wallet are going to be glad to visit this place for meals to come. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Softball seniors go out with a bang at their last home game
- German club hosts Walpurgis Night, all are invited
- Student chooses ASU for the small time feel, scholarships and smiling faces
- Athlete from Hamlin, Texas, picks ASU for track experience
- PIKE gets risqué for a good cause
- Famous paleontologist talks to students about his discovery of an extinct fish
- Drop and Shop sale benefits Concho Valley PAWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!