Restaurant Review: Mathis Field Cafe Part II
Out of all the restaurants I have eaten at and reviewed this semester, one really stood out.
Mathis Field CafÃ© , or as I'll always remember it, "Airport Chinese," just keeps calling me back for more.
Of course, that could have been my best friend and colleague, Larissa. Larissa had been poking at me about going back the day that I needed to have a review in, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I find their fried rice oh-so-delicious.
While I enjoyed their sweet and sour supreme last time I was in, I thought I'd give their American food a taste, and yet again, it was yummy.
This time with a "safe bet" that I am particularly picky about, I chose the double bacon cheeseburger.
There are so many places who can just flat out ruin this classic for me, but Mathis Field CafÃ© did a bangin' job.
First of all, our wait staff was friendly and prompt as always.
At one moment, our waiter came to apologize for the wait and said our food would be out soon. I looked around, bewildered, and said to my friends, "I didn't think we'd even been waiting long."
If I'm being patient like that, you know it hasn't been long. I can't even wait for my George Foreman Grill to heat up.
This time around, a lot of the construction that had been going on at the airport was finished, for the most part, and we were able to watch a few planes take off and land as we ate.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my burger looked. I mean, it wasn't a puny McDouble or anything, but it wasn't a huge pile of bread with a little meat in it (what I'm used to getting at "nicer" restaurants).
My tummy and wallet are going to be glad to visit this place for meals to come. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- ASU celebrates mascot’s birthday with cupcakes and party hats
- Agriculture students volunteer at the stock show and rodeo
- Former UCPC performer could potentially be the next American Idol
- Rams and Rambelles rack up another victory
- ASU ROTC Program is best detachment in the region
- UCPC hosts grocery bingo for students and gets great results
- Career development hosts a blue and gold scavenger hunt
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...