Restaurant Review: Mathis Field Cafe Part II
Out of all the restaurants I have eaten at and reviewed this semester, one really stood out.
Mathis Field CafÃ© , or as I'll always remember it, "Airport Chinese," just keeps calling me back for more.
Of course, that could have been my best friend and colleague, Larissa. Larissa had been poking at me about going back the day that I needed to have a review in, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I find their fried rice oh-so-delicious.
While I enjoyed their sweet and sour supreme last time I was in, I thought I'd give their American food a taste, and yet again, it was yummy.
This time with a "safe bet" that I am particularly picky about, I chose the double bacon cheeseburger.
There are so many places who can just flat out ruin this classic for me, but Mathis Field CafÃ© did a bangin' job.
First of all, our wait staff was friendly and prompt as always.
At one moment, our waiter came to apologize for the wait and said our food would be out soon. I looked around, bewildered, and said to my friends, "I didn't think we'd even been waiting long."
If I'm being patient like that, you know it hasn't been long. I can't even wait for my George Foreman Grill to heat up.
This time around, a lot of the construction that had been going on at the airport was finished, for the most part, and we were able to watch a few planes take off and land as we ate.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my burger looked. I mean, it wasn't a puny McDouble or anything, but it wasn't a huge pile of bread with a little meat in it (what I'm used to getting at "nicer" restaurants).
My tummy and wallet are going to be glad to visit this place for meals to come. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Families to gather for campus-wide activities
- Rambelles keep a clear head in their winning streak
- Chop Busters, a way to drum up some muscle
- Artistry of all forms welcome to campus club
- Physics major goes to Switzerland with hopes to answer mysteries of the universe
- Korean student sees difference in US communication
- Students challenge themselves and make new friends
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids