Restaurant Review: Mathis Field Cafe Part II
Out of all the restaurants I have eaten at and reviewed this semester, one really stood out.
Mathis Field CafÃ© , or as I'll always remember it, "Airport Chinese," just keeps calling me back for more.
Of course, that could have been my best friend and colleague, Larissa. Larissa had been poking at me about going back the day that I needed to have a review in, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I find their fried rice oh-so-delicious.
While I enjoyed their sweet and sour supreme last time I was in, I thought I'd give their American food a taste, and yet again, it was yummy.
This time with a "safe bet" that I am particularly picky about, I chose the double bacon cheeseburger.
There are so many places who can just flat out ruin this classic for me, but Mathis Field CafÃ© did a bangin' job.
First of all, our wait staff was friendly and prompt as always.
At one moment, our waiter came to apologize for the wait and said our food would be out soon. I looked around, bewildered, and said to my friends, "I didn't think we'd even been waiting long."
If I'm being patient like that, you know it hasn't been long. I can't even wait for my George Foreman Grill to heat up.
This time around, a lot of the construction that had been going on at the airport was finished, for the most part, and we were able to watch a few planes take off and land as we ate.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my burger looked. I mean, it wasn't a puny McDouble or anything, but it wasn't a huge pile of bread with a little meat in it (what I'm used to getting at "nicer" restaurants).
My tummy and wallet are going to be glad to visit this place for meals to come. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses