Restaurant Review: Mathis Field Cafe Part II
Out of all the restaurants I have eaten at and reviewed this semester, one really stood out.
Mathis Field CafÃ© , or as I'll always remember it, "Airport Chinese," just keeps calling me back for more.
Of course, that could have been my best friend and colleague, Larissa. Larissa had been poking at me about going back the day that I needed to have a review in, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I find their fried rice oh-so-delicious.
While I enjoyed their sweet and sour supreme last time I was in, I thought I'd give their American food a taste, and yet again, it was yummy.
This time with a "safe bet" that I am particularly picky about, I chose the double bacon cheeseburger.
There are so many places who can just flat out ruin this classic for me, but Mathis Field CafÃ© did a bangin' job.
First of all, our wait staff was friendly and prompt as always.
At one moment, our waiter came to apologize for the wait and said our food would be out soon. I looked around, bewildered, and said to my friends, "I didn't think we'd even been waiting long."
If I'm being patient like that, you know it hasn't been long. I can't even wait for my George Foreman Grill to heat up.
This time around, a lot of the construction that had been going on at the airport was finished, for the most part, and we were able to watch a few planes take off and land as we ate.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my burger looked. I mean, it wasn't a puny McDouble or anything, but it wasn't a huge pile of bread with a little meat in it (what I'm used to getting at "nicer" restaurants).
My tummy and wallet are going to be glad to visit this place for meals to come. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities