Softball ends season in Canyon
Rambelles try to push for wins in against West Texas
The Rambelles, who were on the road this past weekend, beat St. Edward's University Thursday, April 17, in one game.
The Rambelles then went to Kingsville to resume the series against Texas A&M University-Kingsville. They won the first game but lost the second.
Before the second game, the Rambelles had been on a winning streak with 15 consecutive games.
The Rambelles now sit at an overall record of 37-10 and 19-4 in conference play.
In the game against St. Edward's, sophomore Darian Dunn hit a two-run double, which scored senior Morgan Spearman.
Senior Carly Peters hit the first pitch in the second inning, driving it to left center and making it a home run. The home run was Peters' sixth of the season.
St. Edward's was able to get one run in the bottom of the second inning and did not score for the rest of the game.
The third, fourth and fifth innings went on without any runs.
The Rambelles came out in the sixth inning and added three additional runs to the scoreboard.
The final score was 7-1.
Moving to Saturday's game one against Kingsville, senior Kelci Garza hit a single in the second inning, which scored Spearman.
In the third inning, the Rambelles took the lead back when junior Rachel Moore hit an RBI single.
Junior Megan Granado hit a double, bringing Moore home. Granado scored after a throwing error, keeping ASU in the lead.
The girls did not get any runs in the fourth inning, but the Javelinas were able to add another run, bringing the score to 4-2.
In the top of the fifth, Moore hit her 10th homerun of the season.
Neither team scored in the sixth inning, but the Javelinas added one last run in the seventh inning.
Senior Mary Kate McKay pitched all seven inning. The game one win was her 11th win of the season.
In game two of the double header, no runs were added until the sixth inning.
ASU left nine runners on base while Kingsville left only five on base.
Senior Sandra Serna pitched the game and allowed three hits through the first five innings.
The Javelinas scored two runs in the sixth. Freshman Kenedy Urbany came in to relieve Serna and struck out the final batter.
The Rambelles lost 0-2.
The Rambelles play their final games against West Texas A&M University in Canyon Friday, April 25, and Saturday, April 26.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!