Football games to be played at home starting in the fall
LeGrand’s continue to support ASU
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents approved the name change of the LeGrand Sports Complex, Wednesday, March 26. The new name will be LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex.
Dr. Robert and Jean Ann LeGrand have donated $1.4 million, which will provide lights and bleachers to the stadium.
In October 2013, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to reveal the field turf, and the field was named 1st Community Credit Union Field.
1st Community Federal Credit Union, the San Angelo Health Foundation, Larry Clark and an anonymous donor provided the funds for the turf project.
The $1.4 million will add bleachers to the east side of the stadium. There will also be new stadium lights installed. Construction is expected to be completed prior to the 2014 football season.
It was also announced during the field turf ceremony that ASU would play its first home football game at the field. Now, ASU will be able to play all of its games at the LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex. This is the first time that the Rams will play on the ASU campus.
In addition to the LeGrand donation, Texas Bank has donated $50,000 toward a scoreboard that will be in the north end zone.
The LeGrands continue to show their support for ASU, and their generosity has helped make many people happy.
The first home game will be Saturday, Sept. 13, against Western State.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Prevent Water Damage And Cut Insurance Costs
- How to Sit Through a Movie in Comfort
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'