Football games to be played at home starting in the fall
LeGrand’s continue to support ASU
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents approved the name change of the LeGrand Sports Complex, Wednesday, March 26. The new name will be LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex.
Dr. Robert and Jean Ann LeGrand have donated $1.4 million, which will provide lights and bleachers to the stadium.
In October 2013, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to reveal the field turf, and the field was named 1st Community Credit Union Field.
1st Community Federal Credit Union, the San Angelo Health Foundation, Larry Clark and an anonymous donor provided the funds for the turf project.
The $1.4 million will add bleachers to the east side of the stadium. There will also be new stadium lights installed. Construction is expected to be completed prior to the 2014 football season.
It was also announced during the field turf ceremony that ASU would play its first home football game at the field. Now, ASU will be able to play all of its games at the LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex. This is the first time that the Rams will play on the ASU campus.
In addition to the LeGrand donation, Texas Bank has donated $50,000 toward a scoreboard that will be in the north end zone.
The LeGrands continue to show their support for ASU, and their generosity has helped make many people happy.
The first home game will be Saturday, Sept. 13, against Western State.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards