Football games to be played at home starting in the fall
LeGrand’s continue to support ASU
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents approved the name change of the LeGrand Sports Complex, Wednesday, March 26. The new name will be LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex.
Dr. Robert and Jean Ann LeGrand have donated $1.4 million, which will provide lights and bleachers to the stadium.
In October 2013, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to reveal the field turf, and the field was named 1st Community Credit Union Field.
1st Community Federal Credit Union, the San Angelo Health Foundation, Larry Clark and an anonymous donor provided the funds for the turf project.
The $1.4 million will add bleachers to the east side of the stadium. There will also be new stadium lights installed. Construction is expected to be completed prior to the 2014 football season.
It was also announced during the field turf ceremony that ASU would play its first home football game at the field. Now, ASU will be able to play all of its games at the LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex. This is the first time that the Rams will play on the ASU campus.
In addition to the LeGrand donation, Texas Bank has donated $50,000 toward a scoreboard that will be in the north end zone.
The LeGrands continue to show their support for ASU, and their generosity has helped make many people happy.
The first home game will be Saturday, Sept. 13, against Western State.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities