Football games to be played at home starting in the fall
LeGrand’s continue to support ASU
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents approved the name change of the LeGrand Sports Complex, Wednesday, March 26. The new name will be LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex.
Dr. Robert and Jean Ann LeGrand have donated $1.4 million, which will provide lights and bleachers to the stadium.
In October 2013, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to reveal the field turf, and the field was named 1st Community Credit Union Field.
1st Community Federal Credit Union, the San Angelo Health Foundation, Larry Clark and an anonymous donor provided the funds for the turf project.
The $1.4 million will add bleachers to the east side of the stadium. There will also be new stadium lights installed. Construction is expected to be completed prior to the 2014 football season.
It was also announced during the field turf ceremony that ASU would play its first home football game at the field. Now, ASU will be able to play all of its games at the LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex. This is the first time that the Rams will play on the ASU campus.
In addition to the LeGrand donation, Texas Bank has donated $50,000 toward a scoreboard that will be in the north end zone.
The LeGrands continue to show their support for ASU, and their generosity has helped make many people happy.
The first home game will be Saturday, Sept. 13, against Western State.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move