Football games to be played at home starting in the fall
LeGrand’s continue to support ASU
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents approved the name change of the LeGrand Sports Complex, Wednesday, March 26. The new name will be LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex.
Dr. Robert and Jean Ann LeGrand have donated $1.4 million, which will provide lights and bleachers to the stadium.
In October 2013, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to reveal the field turf, and the field was named 1st Community Credit Union Field.
1st Community Federal Credit Union, the San Angelo Health Foundation, Larry Clark and an anonymous donor provided the funds for the turf project.
The $1.4 million will add bleachers to the east side of the stadium. There will also be new stadium lights installed. Construction is expected to be completed prior to the 2014 football season.
It was also announced during the field turf ceremony that ASU would play its first home football game at the field. Now, ASU will be able to play all of its games at the LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex. This is the first time that the Rams will play on the ASU campus.
In addition to the LeGrand donation, Texas Bank has donated $50,000 toward a scoreboard that will be in the north end zone.
The LeGrands continue to show their support for ASU, and their generosity has helped make many people happy.
The first home game will be Saturday, Sept. 13, against Western State.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board