Restaurant Review: Iggy's Italian Ice
Freshman Sawyer Ricard will take over the Ram Page as the new Editor-In-Chief for 2012-2013. Pam Belcher
I know I usually do these reviews over actual restaurants in San Angelo, but since we are officially into spring now, I think a change of pace is in order.
If there's one thing I enjoy more than a beautiful, warm day for motorcycle riding, it's a yummy frozen treat, and Iggy's Italian Ice has just what this motorcyclist ordered.
Located downtown at 37 W. Concho Ave., Iggy's has been around for just under a year, serving up Italian ice and gelato.
What's Italian ice? Beats me.... I would describe it as tougher than a slurpee, but more caring and understanding than a snow cone.
It has its own unique texture, and you'll have to get one to understand what I mean.
All their ice and ice creams are made in house with real fruits, so you know you're getting something truly handmade.
So the way it goes down at Iggy's is this: you walk in, grab a small or large cup, and mark the flavors you want on it.
Small cups can have up to three flavors in them, and large cups can have up to five.
You can mix and match to your heart's content, and with their menu board advertising "over 130 MILLION combinations," the odds are ever in your favor to find a combo you like.
You can mix in layers of ice cream with your Italian ice as well, which qualifies it as gelato.
The prices, regardless of your combination, are three bucks for a small and five for a large.
Also, if you're up for a challenge, you can take on Iggy's Fire and Ice challenge, and it's exactly how it sounds: two large cups filled with ridiculously spicy ice.
If you can eat it in under five minutes, you win a nice prize. As for me, I'll stick to the sweet stuff. Give it a try one of the many hot days to come, and you won't be sorry. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
- The Big Showdown Over Fingerprinting Uber and Lyft Drivers
- Encryption - Why It Matters to You
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere