Restaurant Review: Iggy's Italian Ice
Freshman Sawyer Ricard will take over the Ram Page as the new Editor-In-Chief for 2012-2013. Pam Belcher
I know I usually do these reviews over actual restaurants in San Angelo, but since we are officially into spring now, I think a change of pace is in order.
If there's one thing I enjoy more than a beautiful, warm day for motorcycle riding, it's a yummy frozen treat, and Iggy's Italian Ice has just what this motorcyclist ordered.
Located downtown at 37 W. Concho Ave., Iggy's has been around for just under a year, serving up Italian ice and gelato.
What's Italian ice? Beats me.... I would describe it as tougher than a slurpee, but more caring and understanding than a snow cone.
It has its own unique texture, and you'll have to get one to understand what I mean.
All their ice and ice creams are made in house with real fruits, so you know you're getting something truly handmade.
So the way it goes down at Iggy's is this: you walk in, grab a small or large cup, and mark the flavors you want on it.
Small cups can have up to three flavors in them, and large cups can have up to five.
You can mix and match to your heart's content, and with their menu board advertising "over 130 MILLION combinations," the odds are ever in your favor to find a combo you like.
You can mix in layers of ice cream with your Italian ice as well, which qualifies it as gelato.
The prices, regardless of your combination, are three bucks for a small and five for a large.
Also, if you're up for a challenge, you can take on Iggy's Fire and Ice challenge, and it's exactly how it sounds: two large cups filled with ridiculously spicy ice.
If you can eat it in under five minutes, you win a nice prize. As for me, I'll stick to the sweet stuff. Give it a try one of the many hot days to come, and you won't be sorry. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses