Two goals accomplished after campaign ends
Donors can still give even though campaign ends
ASU marked an all-time high goal of over $35 million in its fundraising campaign that ended this past August.
"I think it is overwhelming to see the level of support from not only our faculty and staff, but from our alumni and friends and supporters," said Jamie Akin, executive director of Development and Alumni Relations. "It goes to show how loyal our group is."
ASU reached its final goal of $35 million toward the end of June after reaching its first goal of $25 million early, Akin said. The capital campaign was a part of the Texas Tech system.
"We are all so proud to be part of the Texas Tech System," former Foundation Board Chairman Wayne Franke said. "Reaching the $35 million milestone is not our final destination; it is just one more step toward helping ASU continue to improve upon the great university it has become."
In order to reach the $35 million goal, more than 4,400 donors stepped up to help, Akin said. A combination of faculty, staff, alumni, the community, businesses and organizations made up the 4,400 plus donors.
"Ninety-four percent of our gifts are restricted," Akin said. "The gifts go to the area of the donor's choice. Wherever the donor would like the funds to go, as long as it's within the mission, it is our office's responsibility that that is where the funds go."
Although the campaign is a formal way of seeking funds, it is not the only way donors are able to express gratitude and give back to the university, Akin said.
"The office of Development and Alumni Relations seeks supports on a daily basis," she said. "Just because the campaign ends at the end of August, formally, doesn't mean that we will let up any momentum."
Akin said they have just finished a recent project and the funding went toward softball.
"We are going to be able to turf the softball field in the near future," Akin said. "We are constantly matching donors with their passions."
Akin said she gives thanks to the campus because it is important to have everyone's involvement and support.
"I am so proud of Dr. May, the ASU Development staff, every member of our ASU Foundation Board, numerous Ram alumni, the entire ASU team who played a part in reaching this tremendous goal," Franke said.
Chairman for the ASU Foundation Board Sande Harrison also thanks all of those who participated and supported the campaign.
"Large campaigns such as this one take a large amount of planning and momentum," she said. "[The] office of Development, faculty and staff, and the ASU Foundation Board were instrumental in this historic accomplishment."
As for future campaigns, Akin said they will focus on raising funds for the university's needs.
"Anytime the campus has a victory, we celebrate that," Akin said. "It is a very important process that we look to continue ... People are excited about ASU. It is an exciting place to be right now."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists