Steve Means opens for first "Crossroads Live"
Artist brings a mix of funk, soul and pop
Making pit stops all around college campuses, an energetic musician from Nashville, TN will be stopping at ASU, Feb. 13, in light of a new event called Crossroads Live hosted by the UCPC.
Steve Means' music has been featured on hit MTV shows including The Hills, The Real World, and Newport Harbor.
Means has been traveling extensively across many college campuses and is currently on a tour called, 20 days of Texas. During his tour, Means is performing at colleges all over the state.
"I don't know who he is but it's awesome that ASU is bringing live events like this to the school, I hope that they continue to do stuff like this for us," senior Sean McClure said. "It will be a nice break from all the chaos of this semester to hang out and hear live music."
Means' music is a mix of funk, soul and pop in an acoustic setting, and it can be heard on Spotify, YouTube, MySpace and iTunes.
"I like his music, kind of sounds like stuff you hear on the radio, sounds like it's going to be a good time in the UC," junior Javier Carmona said. "I look forward to it."
Opening for artists such as T-pain and Sean Kingston, the self-sustaining artist has two full-length albums "Rescue Me" and "Now or Never" and also EPs available that can be previewed and purchased on iTunes including the latest EP called "Worth Fighting For."
The event is free to all ASU students, faculty and staff and will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Computer science major gives insight into why he chose ASU
- Rams start game off with a strong lead
- ASU and SAMFA work together to make the museum come alive
- Students to climb their way to top at fourth annual rock climbing competition
- Candidates suggest text book swapping idea, Craigslist-style for students
- Rams and Rambelles place in David Noble meet
- Students who can’t make it home for Easter make the most of it
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now