Steve Means opens for first "Crossroads Live"
Artist brings a mix of funk, soul and pop
Making pit stops all around college campuses, an energetic musician from Nashville, TN will be stopping at ASU, Feb. 13, in light of a new event called Crossroads Live hosted by the UCPC.
Steve Means' music has been featured on hit MTV shows including The Hills, The Real World, and Newport Harbor.
Means has been traveling extensively across many college campuses and is currently on a tour called, 20 days of Texas. During his tour, Means is performing at colleges all over the state.
"I don't know who he is but it's awesome that ASU is bringing live events like this to the school, I hope that they continue to do stuff like this for us," senior Sean McClure said. "It will be a nice break from all the chaos of this semester to hang out and hear live music."
Means' music is a mix of funk, soul and pop in an acoustic setting, and it can be heard on Spotify, YouTube, MySpace and iTunes.
"I like his music, kind of sounds like stuff you hear on the radio, sounds like it's going to be a good time in the UC," junior Javier Carmona said. "I look forward to it."
Opening for artists such as T-pain and Sean Kingston, the self-sustaining artist has two full-length albums "Rescue Me" and "Now or Never" and also EPs available that can be previewed and purchased on iTunes including the latest EP called "Worth Fighting For."
The event is free to all ASU students, faculty and staff and will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016