Steve Means opens for first "Crossroads Live"
Artist brings a mix of funk, soul and pop
Making pit stops all around college campuses, an energetic musician from Nashville, TN will be stopping at ASU, Feb. 13, in light of a new event called Crossroads Live hosted by the UCPC.
Steve Means' music has been featured on hit MTV shows including The Hills, The Real World, and Newport Harbor.
Means has been traveling extensively across many college campuses and is currently on a tour called, 20 days of Texas. During his tour, Means is performing at colleges all over the state.
"I don't know who he is but it's awesome that ASU is bringing live events like this to the school, I hope that they continue to do stuff like this for us," senior Sean McClure said. "It will be a nice break from all the chaos of this semester to hang out and hear live music."
Means' music is a mix of funk, soul and pop in an acoustic setting, and it can be heard on Spotify, YouTube, MySpace and iTunes.
"I like his music, kind of sounds like stuff you hear on the radio, sounds like it's going to be a good time in the UC," junior Javier Carmona said. "I look forward to it."
Opening for artists such as T-pain and Sean Kingston, the self-sustaining artist has two full-length albums "Rescue Me" and "Now or Never" and also EPs available that can be previewed and purchased on iTunes including the latest EP called "Worth Fighting For."
The event is free to all ASU students, faculty and staff and will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- ASU celebrates mascot’s birthday with cupcakes and party hats
- Agriculture students volunteer at the stock show and rodeo
- Former UCPC performer could potentially be the next American Idol
- Rams and Rambelles rack up another victory
- ASU ROTC Program is best detachment in the region
- UCPC hosts grocery bingo for students and gets great results
- Career development hosts a blue and gold scavenger hunt
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...