The election is over. It is done. Finished
Dillon Brollier - Editor
Red vs. blue, donkey vs. elephant and liberal vs. conservative.
For nearly two years now that is all America has seen.
And now that the election is over, all I see and hear is "I'm moving to Canada" or "The country is doomed."
Stop it. Just stop it.
I have never seen people more divided and more hostile toward each other than I have seen on election nights.
The posts all over Facebook were crazy, not to mention Donald Trump's asinine tweets that we should march on Washington and revolt.
What a crock.
Everyone that is mad that Romney lost needs to take a minute to sit down and realize that everything they are saying now is exactly what blue bloods were saying when President Bush was elected twice.
You did not appreciate it then so don't go and do the same thing now.
I get it, you wanted Romney to win and you are mad at the president because you think that he is going to doom the country.
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound right now?
Oh, and all of the liberals out there that are overly excited that your guy won.
YOU, are just as obnoxious as everyone who is throwing a fit that their guy lost.
People that are rubbing salt in the wounds of the people who have lost are a big part of the reason that we are all so divided in the first place.
That goes for both sides of the political spectrum.
The simple fact of the matter is this, we are all Americans. We all want this country to prosper, because then we, the people, will prosper.
The only way we can do that is to stand united.
If we stand here and continue to fight and cry to our mammas about out bad situations they are only going to get worse.
Now is the time that we look at our friends that sit across the aisle and begin to repair the damage that this two year circus has done to our friendships and sensibilities.
George Washington warned us of the dangers of having two separate parties and right now he is looking pretty damn smart right now.
At the end of the day, when it is all said and done and all the smoke has cleared, the only thing that will stop America from being as great as she can be are the people who inhabit and lead her.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
- Know Your Pipe Type And Catch Leaks Early
- Cancer Center Finds Smokeless Tobacco May Help You Quit
- Fighting Age-Related Muscle Loss
- A Quarter of Adults Dishonest With Dentists on How Often...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'