The election is over. It is done. Finished
Dillon Brollier - Editor
Red vs. blue, donkey vs. elephant and liberal vs. conservative.
For nearly two years now that is all America has seen.
And now that the election is over, all I see and hear is "I'm moving to Canada" or "The country is doomed."
Stop it. Just stop it.
I have never seen people more divided and more hostile toward each other than I have seen on election nights.
The posts all over Facebook were crazy, not to mention Donald Trump's asinine tweets that we should march on Washington and revolt.
What a crock.
Everyone that is mad that Romney lost needs to take a minute to sit down and realize that everything they are saying now is exactly what blue bloods were saying when President Bush was elected twice.
You did not appreciate it then so don't go and do the same thing now.
I get it, you wanted Romney to win and you are mad at the president because you think that he is going to doom the country.
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound right now?
Oh, and all of the liberals out there that are overly excited that your guy won.
YOU, are just as obnoxious as everyone who is throwing a fit that their guy lost.
People that are rubbing salt in the wounds of the people who have lost are a big part of the reason that we are all so divided in the first place.
That goes for both sides of the political spectrum.
The simple fact of the matter is this, we are all Americans. We all want this country to prosper, because then we, the people, will prosper.
The only way we can do that is to stand united.
If we stand here and continue to fight and cry to our mammas about out bad situations they are only going to get worse.
Now is the time that we look at our friends that sit across the aisle and begin to repair the damage that this two year circus has done to our friendships and sensibilities.
George Washington warned us of the dangers of having two separate parties and right now he is looking pretty damn smart right now.
At the end of the day, when it is all said and done and all the smoke has cleared, the only thing that will stop America from being as great as she can be are the people who inhabit and lead her.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists