A message for the student body from the SGA candidates
Hey, Rams! Connor Frankhouser and Jenni deBie here, and we're running to be your student body president and vice president through the Student Government Association (SGA).
Now, before we go any further, we'd like to clarify to you guys exactly what the role of SGA is.
Essentially, our job as student body representatives and members of the student government is to bring issues concerning the ASU student body to the campus administrators.
Basically, we're students who go to meetings, not administrators who go to classes.
We're in SGA to preserve and protect a campus environment that promotes the unity and well-being of the entire ASU student community.
All that being said, we believe change is in the air at ASU, and we aren't talking about the weather. The student community is becoming much more actively involved in the university as a whole, and that's exciting.
Ram and Rambelle games are being more heavily attended, participation in on-campus events is rising in all areas, and student-led clubs and organizations are earning regional and national awards.
In short, Angelo State is rapidly shedding its reputation as a "suitcase school" where nothing ever happens and everyone leaves town on Friday afternoons.
Our ticket, the Frankhouser-deBie dynamic duo, wants to keep that ball rolling, so that one day when you're explaining your degree, you won't have to say, "ASU-that daughter school of Texas Tech."
We want your undergraduate college experience and education to be something you take pride in, because ASU is a school worth being proud of. We believe ASU is among the best schools in the great state of Texas to learn, live, and mature in-and as your student body president and vice president, we will implement strategies to make it even better. We want to make school as absolutely enjoyable for y'all as it has been for us.
We see a day in the near future when tailgate parties are packed on game days, when parking lots at the residence halls are full during weekends because no one wants to leave, when high school kids (and we're not just thinking West Texans) want to come be a Ram rather than a Red Raider or a Longhorn or an Aggie.
We are excited to have seen the change already begin, and want to be a part of energizing the campus culture further. But most importantly, we want you on board with us.
We aren't going to promise you lower tuition rates, cheaper books, or anything outlandish like installing a lazy river down the mall so we can all float to class (trust us, we crunched the numbers on that last one, and it didn't work).
We aren't going to talk about anything we, as president and vice president of your student body, can't deliver on-the addition of an on-campus bar, for instance.
What we can and do promise you is the chance to be a part of the change. To be a part of events that will be set in motion to make your class ring as infamous as the one down in Bryan-College Station, that will make your degree as well known as one from that place over in Austin, that will make your campus experience better than any comparable university in the beautiful state of Texas.
The future is waiting for us all, waiting with all of the greatness that our degrees from Angelo State University will bring us.
That future will only get brighter as the name of ASU spreads across the state and beyond. Take it; it's yours. Vote Frankhouser-deBie April 8 and 9 so we can all step into that future together.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'