Softball works hard to continue winning streak
Rambelles show promise in practice
The Rambelles softball team is on a 10-game winning streak. The Rambelles began Lone Star Conference (LSC) play Thursday, March 13, and Friday, March 14, but only played two games out of the six they were supposed to.
"We continued to swing the bats well, scoring seven on Eastern New Mexico and nine on Texas Woman's," Head Coach Travis Scott said. "We had a huge win coming from behind there to beat Texas Woman's in the seventh inning. We tied it up in the seventh and took the lead back in the eighth. It was really good to go out and just continue to find a way to win games and play hard and play competitive."
Currently the Rambelles sit at 22-7 overall and 7-1 in conference play.
The two games the team was able to play was against Eastern New Mexico University and Texas Woman's University.
"I was happy with my performance on our last games," senior Kelci Garza said. "I was glad that I could do something to help us win, and it was exciting."
In the game against Texas Woman's University, junior Tina Cisneros hit a single in the top of the eighth inning, which brought in sophomore Darian Dunn to home plate, winning the game.
Cisneros was named LSC Softball Co-Hitter of the Week because of her performance in the LSC showcase.
"I was pretty happy when I found out about it," she said. "It was my first one since I have been playing for the past three years."
Garza said the 10-game winning streak has motivated the team to continue to work together and play hard.
"Our team chemistry has been very good," Garza said. "We have been understanding our roles and being there for each other on and off the field. Everything is going with the flow right now, and that is why we have been so successful."
Scott said that Cisneros played well this past weekend and will have to work hard to take over sophomore Lanie Robinson after an injury.
"Tina is going to have to become an everyday third baseman," Scott said. "I think she is pretty excited about that challenge, and she has gotten off to a good start."
Scott said the team has had issues, but they were able to keep pushing forward.
"We got a lot more softball to play, and upcoming we got Cameron, who is a good team, but we feel good about the way we are playing right now," Scott said.
The Rambelles head to Lawton, Okla. for a four-game series against Cameron University starting Friday, March 21.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Know Which Plumbing Projects Need a Pro
- Light Up Your Landscaping Like a Pro
- Manage Emergency Plumbing Leaks With Ease
- How to Protect Pets From Fleas and Ticks
- Key Ingredients for a Healthy Heart
- Spring Cleaning Made Easy to Help Tackle Inanimate Allergens
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards