Rams back home for game series against Texas A&M-Kingsville
Baseball is ready to for the home crowd support at upcoming home games
The Rams are kicking off a home field stretch with 11 games to be played back-to-back at Foster Field.
The team, currently 16-9 overall and 6-6 in conference, lost the four-game series against West Texas A&M March 14 through 16.
"The games were a little rough," junior Jason Zgardowski said. "We were not expecting to go in there and lose all four, but it happens. I kind of wish it didn't. We went in there with the confidence that we were going to win the series. They had really good pitching and hitting and it really matched us, but hopefully we come out these next games and win it."
Head Coach Kevin Brooks said the loss was disappointing, but it caused determination.
"Obviously, it is not the way we wanted things to go," Brooks said. "Very easily we could have won all four, but it just didn't happen. We have played well enough up to that point that, while it hurts, it doesn't bury us at all. We can still achieve everything that we want to achieve."
In the last game of the series against the West Texas A&M Buffs, the game was extended to 13 innings. The Buffs came out on top with only one run.
"When you go out and get quality starts, you are going to have the chance to win every game," Brooks said. "We have not lost a game by more than three runs."
Brooks said pitching was at a best this past weekend, and it only continues to improve.
"There are always different areas to improve in and the team is improving every day," Zgardowski said. "We will keep working on the flaws we have until we get better."
The losses against the Buffs also gave the team a sense of urgency to step back and get things on the right track again, Brooks said.
"Losing is not going to change how hard the team works," Brooks said. "The team was working hard before."
As for the home games coming up, sophomore Dillon Becker said it will give the team confidence to rebound from the losses.
"If we can continue to play hard as a team, then we can go out and make some wins," Becker said. "I think everyone is working really hard and doing the best they can."
Another benefit to the home games are the crowds, Zgardowski said.
"It is always exciting to play at home and play in front of the fans," he said. "We have a great atmosphere out here. Another thing that is great is the students who come out and support us."
The Rams' first game against the Javelinas will be Friday, March 21, at 6:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards