Track and Field shows off their hard work at ASU Multi-event
Track and Field team continues to make big improvements
The Rams and Belles have been performing lights out at their events this year.
Just a few weeks ago, the team finished eighth overall in the NCAA Division II Indoor Championships track meet, with many stellar individual and team performances.
Senior jumper Kearah Danville stole the show, taking the triple jump title for the second year in a row.
This strong outing was just the product of the drive these athletes have and a little extra fire from the upperclassmen to really strive for their best performances.
"The main thing is, every meet we're looking for a personal record," junior Ashlie Francis said. "The team just seems to have everything well put together."
On Thursday, March 20, and Friday, March 21, the multi-event will be right in our own backyard, literally, at the LeGrand sports complex.
The rest of the track team will be heading to Texas A&M Kingsville to compete in that track meet.
This will be the first event of the outdoor season, after the amazing performances they put on through all the indoor competitions.
"We know what it takes," junior Chelsea Moore said. "A lot of us are juniors, and we really just want to keep the tradition going. We also want to keep striving to be better than we were last year."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?