Track and Field shows off their hard work at ASU Multi-event
Track and Field team continues to make big improvements
The Rams and Belles have been performing lights out at their events this year.
Just a few weeks ago, the team finished eighth overall in the NCAA Division II Indoor Championships track meet, with many stellar individual and team performances.
Senior jumper Kearah Danville stole the show, taking the triple jump title for the second year in a row.
This strong outing was just the product of the drive these athletes have and a little extra fire from the upperclassmen to really strive for their best performances.
"The main thing is, every meet we're looking for a personal record," junior Ashlie Francis said. "The team just seems to have everything well put together."
On Thursday, March 20, and Friday, March 21, the multi-event will be right in our own backyard, literally, at the LeGrand sports complex.
The rest of the track team will be heading to Texas A&M Kingsville to compete in that track meet.
This will be the first event of the outdoor season, after the amazing performances they put on through all the indoor competitions.
"We know what it takes," junior Chelsea Moore said. "A lot of us are juniors, and we really just want to keep the tradition going. We also want to keep striving to be better than we were last year."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...