Track and Field shows off their hard work at ASU Multi-event
Track and Field team continues to make big improvements
The Rams and Belles have been performing lights out at their events this year.
Just a few weeks ago, the team finished eighth overall in the NCAA Division II Indoor Championships track meet, with many stellar individual and team performances.
Senior jumper Kearah Danville stole the show, taking the triple jump title for the second year in a row.
This strong outing was just the product of the drive these athletes have and a little extra fire from the upperclassmen to really strive for their best performances.
"The main thing is, every meet we're looking for a personal record," junior Ashlie Francis said. "The team just seems to have everything well put together."
On Thursday, March 20, and Friday, March 21, the multi-event will be right in our own backyard, literally, at the LeGrand sports complex.
The rest of the track team will be heading to Texas A&M Kingsville to compete in that track meet.
This will be the first event of the outdoor season, after the amazing performances they put on through all the indoor competitions.
"We know what it takes," junior Chelsea Moore said. "A lot of us are juniors, and we really just want to keep the tradition going. We also want to keep striving to be better than we were last year."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas