Track and Field shows off their hard work at ASU Multi-event
Track and Field team continues to make big improvements
The Rams and Belles have been performing lights out at their events this year.
Just a few weeks ago, the team finished eighth overall in the NCAA Division II Indoor Championships track meet, with many stellar individual and team performances.
Senior jumper Kearah Danville stole the show, taking the triple jump title for the second year in a row.
This strong outing was just the product of the drive these athletes have and a little extra fire from the upperclassmen to really strive for their best performances.
"The main thing is, every meet we're looking for a personal record," junior Ashlie Francis said. "The team just seems to have everything well put together."
On Thursday, March 20, and Friday, March 21, the multi-event will be right in our own backyard, literally, at the LeGrand sports complex.
The rest of the track team will be heading to Texas A&M Kingsville to compete in that track meet.
This will be the first event of the outdoor season, after the amazing performances they put on through all the indoor competitions.
"We know what it takes," junior Chelsea Moore said. "A lot of us are juniors, and we really just want to keep the tradition going. We also want to keep striving to be better than we were last year."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor