Men's and Women's track teams work hard for upcoming meets
Teams performances were spot on at Texas Relays
The ASU Rams, and 'Belles Track and Field teams, are kicking off the month of April right here in San Angelo.
They will be hosting the 43rd annual David Nobel Relays starting Saturday, April 5.
On Thursday, April 10 and Friday April 11, the event will continue but instead of relays it will be field events.
The team is coming off of a very solid performance at the Texas Relays March 27 through 29 in Austin.
Some of the notable performances from the men's team came from freshman Hagen Kennedy who ran a time of 15.18 in the 110 hurdles on day two.
Junior from Papua, New Guinea, Wala Gime excelled in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 53.39 finishing 4th, and the 110 hurdles running a 14.51.
On the final day Gime's would place in both the 400 and 110 meter hurdles, while partner in crime Kennedy would run his career best in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 14.92 finishing 8th.
In the 4x400 meter relays the group junior Dallas Gray, sophomore Luis Perez, graduate student Robbie Thayer and Gime participated and it earned the Rams 5th place while reaching their seasonal best 3:11.11.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain