Rams take the mound against Cameron
Rams sit at third place in conference play
Andy Atterbury. Tim Lester
Rams baseball walked away with three wins and one loss after their three-day, four-game series on March 28 through 30 against Eastern New Mexico University.
The Rams currently stand at 20-13 overall and 10-10 in conference play.
In game one against the Greyhounds on Friday, March 28, senior Christian Summers hit his second home run of the season.
The team finished the first game with 13 hits and two errors. The final score for the game was 9-8.
In the first game of the double header on Saturday, March 29, the Rams got only two runs on the scoreboard, but they won 2-1.
In their second game on Saturday, the Rams played 12 innings, which pushed them to the win (9-8).
Between the games, the team earned two walk-off wins over Eastern New Mexico.
Junior Brett David hit a single, which was the game winner for the first game on Saturday.
Junior Derek Tyner batted a two-run single during the second game while having two outs in the bottom of the 12th inning.
In their second game, the Rams were trailing 3-1 in the bottom of the sixth, when senior Reggie Rodriguez hit a three-run home run.
The game was tied at the top of the seventh inning, which added extra innings.
The Greyhounds took the last win (7-5) Sunday, March 30, at Foster Field. Sophomore Dillon Becker pitched for eight innings. During that time, he struck out six batters and scattered 11 hits.
At the time of the eighth inning, ASU was leading 5-3, but Eastern New Mexico scored two runs that tied the game. Moving on to the ninth inning, the Greyhounds added two more runs, winning the game.
The Rams are now in third place in Lone Star Conference standings behind West Texas A&M and Texas A&M-Kingsville.
The team is back at Foster Field to take on Cameron University Friday, April 4, and Saturday, April 5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership