Rams take the mound against Cameron
Rams sit at third place in conference play
Andy Atterbury. Tim Lester
Rams baseball walked away with three wins and one loss after their three-day, four-game series on March 28 through 30 against Eastern New Mexico University.
The Rams currently stand at 20-13 overall and 10-10 in conference play.
In game one against the Greyhounds on Friday, March 28, senior Christian Summers hit his second home run of the season.
The team finished the first game with 13 hits and two errors. The final score for the game was 9-8.
In the first game of the double header on Saturday, March 29, the Rams got only two runs on the scoreboard, but they won 2-1.
In their second game on Saturday, the Rams played 12 innings, which pushed them to the win (9-8).
Between the games, the team earned two walk-off wins over Eastern New Mexico.
Junior Brett David hit a single, which was the game winner for the first game on Saturday.
Junior Derek Tyner batted a two-run single during the second game while having two outs in the bottom of the 12th inning.
In their second game, the Rams were trailing 3-1 in the bottom of the sixth, when senior Reggie Rodriguez hit a three-run home run.
The game was tied at the top of the seventh inning, which added extra innings.
The Greyhounds took the last win (7-5) Sunday, March 30, at Foster Field. Sophomore Dillon Becker pitched for eight innings. During that time, he struck out six batters and scattered 11 hits.
At the time of the eighth inning, ASU was leading 5-3, but Eastern New Mexico scored two runs that tied the game. Moving on to the ninth inning, the Greyhounds added two more runs, winning the game.
The Rams are now in third place in Lone Star Conference standings behind West Texas A&M and Texas A&M-Kingsville.
The team is back at Foster Field to take on Cameron University Friday, April 4, and Saturday, April 5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- ASU celebrates mascot’s birthday with cupcakes and party hats
- Agriculture students volunteer at the stock show and rodeo
- Former UCPC performer could potentially be the next American Idol
- Rams and Rambelles rack up another victory
- ASU ROTC Program is best detachment in the region
- UCPC hosts grocery bingo for students and gets great results
- Career development hosts a blue and gold scavenger hunt
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...