Restaurant Review: Nacho's Restaurant Steaks and More
Junior Emeline Crutcher leads the pack at the Texas Tech Open on Sept. 16, as senior Alyssa Priest and junior Jessica Boudreau follow a few spots back. Gregory Smith
Do you ever go out to a place to eat where you eat so much that you just flat out do not feel sexy?
I mean, it doesn't matter what you do. You just feel bloated from overindulging in food?
That's exactly how Nacho's did my friends and me this past week, and it was oh so delicious.
No joke-we got back to the office and compared "baby bumps," which made it a little awkward for me because I was the only guy.
It was the first time I'd ever eaten Nacho's, and I wasn't disappointed.
I've never been to a Mexican restaurant that didn't give out free chips and salsa, but I've been to very few where they include some free refried beans along with them. Instant win.
My initial problem with Nacho's was I had no idea what I wanted. I don't recall if it was because they had a great selection or because I would have eaten my hat at that point, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Once I decided on some chicken quesadillas, I ordered some chili cheese fries to snack on with my sweet tea while I waited. What? I may be of Hispanic descent, but I'm also 100 percent American.
I probably could have, and should have, filled up on just fries and tea, because when my food came out, I tore it up.
The quesadillas on homemade flour tortillas were amazing. Not too cheesy, but also not too chicken-y. Just right.
The rice, which is almost always my biggest complaint, was much better than the rice at a lot of other places I've tried.
Head on over to Nacho's at 2502 W. State Highway Loop 306 next time you get a craving for some great Mexican. We may run into each other because I'm definitely going back to try more.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses