Restaurant Review: Campus Donuts & Kolaches
Junior Emeline Crutcher leads the pack at the Texas Tech Open on Sept. 16, as senior Alyssa Priest and junior Jessica Boudreau follow a few spots back. Gregory Smith
Before we get started, let me just clarify that I am reviewing the Campus Donuts & Kolaches at 2219 W Ave. N.
Now that we have that out of the way, I know where I'll be getting my donut and kolache fix from now on.
You see, I have a place near and dear to my heart back home, but once or twice a month just is not enough kolache for me.
I'm a growing boy, you see? Anyway, I visited this place for the first time last week with a friend of mine who was hankering for some donuts, so she suggested we go.
What scored major points in my book with this place was I probably could have picked up my friend and thrown her from campus to get there.
Not that I ever would, but the place is close enough for me to run over and grab something in between classes without losing my coveted parking space in the library parking lot.
As if that were not enough, I have to say their service was amazing.
The employees were probably some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in San Angelo, and you are listening to a guy who could find a rock rude for not greeting him.
I had four small kolaches (I'm a growing boy, remember?), a bear claw and a Pepsi to wash it all down.
The price was surprisingly low considering how much I got, which was about five or six bucks.
Now, I'm no kolache specialist or anything. I don't know all the ways one can be created, but theirs are different from others I've had.
While most kolaches I've dined on are wrapped in what seems like "normal" rolls, I'm fairly certain theirs are wrapped in magic and baked with happiness. Don't believe me? Find out for yourself!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum