Restaurant Review: Campus Donuts & Kolaches
Junior Emeline Crutcher leads the pack at the Texas Tech Open on Sept. 16, as senior Alyssa Priest and junior Jessica Boudreau follow a few spots back. Gregory Smith
Before we get started, let me just clarify that I am reviewing the Campus Donuts & Kolaches at 2219 W Ave. N.
Now that we have that out of the way, I know where I'll be getting my donut and kolache fix from now on.
You see, I have a place near and dear to my heart back home, but once or twice a month just is not enough kolache for me.
I'm a growing boy, you see? Anyway, I visited this place for the first time last week with a friend of mine who was hankering for some donuts, so she suggested we go.
What scored major points in my book with this place was I probably could have picked up my friend and thrown her from campus to get there.
Not that I ever would, but the place is close enough for me to run over and grab something in between classes without losing my coveted parking space in the library parking lot.
As if that were not enough, I have to say their service was amazing.
The employees were probably some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in San Angelo, and you are listening to a guy who could find a rock rude for not greeting him.
I had four small kolaches (I'm a growing boy, remember?), a bear claw and a Pepsi to wash it all down.
The price was surprisingly low considering how much I got, which was about five or six bucks.
Now, I'm no kolache specialist or anything. I don't know all the ways one can be created, but theirs are different from others I've had.
While most kolaches I've dined on are wrapped in what seems like "normal" rolls, I'm fairly certain theirs are wrapped in magic and baked with happiness. Don't believe me? Find out for yourself!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists