Men's Basketball celebrates seniors and a final home win
Regular season comes to a close
Junior Emeline Crutcher leads the pack at the Texas Tech Open on Sept. 16, as senior Alyssa Priest and junior Jessica Boudreau follow a few spots back. Gregory Smith
The Rams ended their home season game playing with a win (70-59). The Rams were 11-2 at home and 17-8 overall.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the Rams by scoring 21 points while senior Kenny Williams recorded his 10th double-double of the season.
Williams had 13 points and 12 rebounds. Senior Chris Talkington contributed 14 points and five rebounds.
All six seniors on the team were recognized at the final home game. Hammond, Williams, Talkington, Ryan Marsh, Ice Asortse and Zach Jones each received framed pictures.
At halftime, ASU led (25-23) after jumping out to a 17-4 with 11 minutes in the game. The Rams were limited to 37 percent shooting in the first half, but came back by shooting 52.4 percent from the field and hitting 20 out of 24 free throws.
In the second half, the Rams came out with a 15-7 run. The Rams led 47-34 with 13:32 left when Talkington made a three-pointer.
Williams currently leads the Rams with 17.5 points and 8.2 rebounds per game. Hammond averages 11.8 points per game but leads the team in assists with 17.
In the Lone Star Conference standings, the Rams are currently third. The Rams play their last regular season game Saturday, March 1, at 3 p.m. in Kingsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain