Rambelles set to play last game in Kingsville
Seniors honored at final home game
Sophomore Allyson Seider. Pam Belcher
The 'Belles lost their final home game against Cameron University (63-59) Saturday, Feb. 22.
The 'Belles stand at 13-12 overall and 7-8 in the Lone Star Conference.
In the game, Angelo shot 31.3 percent from the field while Cameron hit 41.1 percent from the field. From 14 turnovers, Cameron scored 21 points.
Junior Karli Kellermeier walked away with 19 points in the game and 10 rebounds.
Sophomore Amanda Weaver added 10 points, while senior Rochelle Norris and junior Hillari Adam scored seven points.
During the first half of the game, both teams went back and forth at seven during the first four minutes of the game.
With only 6:11 left on the clock, the Aggies took the lead, 25-13. ASU would outscore Cameron 12-9 over the final six minutes but were still down 34-25.
Once back on the court, the 'Belles had a 10-2 run. Junior Haylee Oliver helped to bring the 'Belles to 37-36 with 16:41 to go.
At the 7:22 mark, ASU was down, 55-49. For the next five minutes, neither team scored.
Weaver made a three-pointer with just minutes left, but it kept the 'Belles down.
The 'Belles will play their final home game of the regular season Saturday, March 1, at 1 p.m. against Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- ASU celebrates mascot’s birthday with cupcakes and party hats
- Agriculture students volunteer at the stock show and rodeo
- Former UCPC performer could potentially be the next American Idol
- Rams and Rambelles rack up another victory
- ASU ROTC Program is best detachment in the region
- UCPC hosts grocery bingo for students and gets great results
- Career development hosts a blue and gold scavenger hunt
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...