Rambelles set to play last game in Kingsville
Seniors honored at final home game
Sophomore Allyson Seider. Pam Belcher
The 'Belles lost their final home game against Cameron University (63-59) Saturday, Feb. 22.
The 'Belles stand at 13-12 overall and 7-8 in the Lone Star Conference.
In the game, Angelo shot 31.3 percent from the field while Cameron hit 41.1 percent from the field. From 14 turnovers, Cameron scored 21 points.
Junior Karli Kellermeier walked away with 19 points in the game and 10 rebounds.
Sophomore Amanda Weaver added 10 points, while senior Rochelle Norris and junior Hillari Adam scored seven points.
During the first half of the game, both teams went back and forth at seven during the first four minutes of the game.
With only 6:11 left on the clock, the Aggies took the lead, 25-13. ASU would outscore Cameron 12-9 over the final six minutes but were still down 34-25.
Once back on the court, the 'Belles had a 10-2 run. Junior Haylee Oliver helped to bring the 'Belles to 37-36 with 16:41 to go.
At the 7:22 mark, ASU was down, 55-49. For the next five minutes, neither team scored.
Weaver made a three-pointer with just minutes left, but it kept the 'Belles down.
The 'Belles will play their final home game of the regular season Saturday, March 1, at 1 p.m. against Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities