'Belles try to pick up after loss against Midwestern
Season to soon end for the Rambelles
Zachary Marsden, president of the Video Game Association. Tim Lester
The Rambelles lost to Midwestern State Mustangs (69-58) Wednesday, Feb. 19, while in Wichita Falls.
The Rambelles had 38.2 percent from the field while the opponent made 48.1 percent from the field.
Midwestern had 18 turnovers and, from those, ASU was able to score 26 points.
Senior Leah LeMarie took the lead away from the Mustangs with a layup in the first half with 12 minutes left to play. With just under two minutes left to play, junior Hillari Adam made back-to-back shots, which brought the score to 30-23.
At halftime, Midwestern held the lead at 34-27.
After returning to the court, the Rambelles had a lot of energy and started off with a 10-3 run.
Adam and junior Karli Kellemeier both scored four points, tying the game at 37.
In the end, senior Rochelle Norris led the team with 13 points. Adam came in behind Norris with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
As for rankings, ASU is No. 10 in the NCAA Division II South Central ranking.
Angelo State has a 13-11 record, overall.
West Texas A&M is No. 1 in the region. Other teams ranked in the LSC include No. 4 Tarleton State University , No. 5 Texas Woman's University and No. 7 Midwestern State.
The Rambelles take the home court one last time on Saturday, Feb. 22, at 2 p.m. against Cameron University.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy