'Belles try to pick up after loss against Midwestern
Season to soon end for the Rambelles
Zachary Marsden, president of the Video Game Association. Tim Lester
The Rambelles lost to Midwestern State Mustangs (69-58) Wednesday, Feb. 19, while in Wichita Falls.
The Rambelles had 38.2 percent from the field while the opponent made 48.1 percent from the field.
Midwestern had 18 turnovers and, from those, ASU was able to score 26 points.
Senior Leah LeMarie took the lead away from the Mustangs with a layup in the first half with 12 minutes left to play. With just under two minutes left to play, junior Hillari Adam made back-to-back shots, which brought the score to 30-23.
At halftime, Midwestern held the lead at 34-27.
After returning to the court, the Rambelles had a lot of energy and started off with a 10-3 run.
Adam and junior Karli Kellemeier both scored four points, tying the game at 37.
In the end, senior Rochelle Norris led the team with 13 points. Adam came in behind Norris with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
As for rankings, ASU is No. 10 in the NCAA Division II South Central ranking.
Angelo State has a 13-11 record, overall.
West Texas A&M is No. 1 in the region. Other teams ranked in the LSC include No. 4 Tarleton State University , No. 5 Texas Woman's University and No. 7 Midwestern State.
The Rambelles take the home court one last time on Saturday, Feb. 22, at 2 p.m. against Cameron University.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program