'Belles try to pick up after loss against Midwestern
Season to soon end for the Rambelles
Zachary Marsden, president of the Video Game Association. Tim Lester
The Rambelles lost to Midwestern State Mustangs (69-58) Wednesday, Feb. 19, while in Wichita Falls.
The Rambelles had 38.2 percent from the field while the opponent made 48.1 percent from the field.
Midwestern had 18 turnovers and, from those, ASU was able to score 26 points.
Senior Leah LeMarie took the lead away from the Mustangs with a layup in the first half with 12 minutes left to play. With just under two minutes left to play, junior Hillari Adam made back-to-back shots, which brought the score to 30-23.
At halftime, Midwestern held the lead at 34-27.
After returning to the court, the Rambelles had a lot of energy and started off with a 10-3 run.
Adam and junior Karli Kellemeier both scored four points, tying the game at 37.
In the end, senior Rochelle Norris led the team with 13 points. Adam came in behind Norris with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
As for rankings, ASU is No. 10 in the NCAA Division II South Central ranking.
Angelo State has a 13-11 record, overall.
West Texas A&M is No. 1 in the region. Other teams ranked in the LSC include No. 4 Tarleton State University , No. 5 Texas Woman's University and No. 7 Midwestern State.
The Rambelles take the home court one last time on Saturday, Feb. 22, at 2 p.m. against Cameron University.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain
- Lighting Tips to Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space
- 4 Ways to Cut Your Energy Bills (5 If You're Up to It)