'Belles try to pick up after loss against Midwestern
Season to soon end for the Rambelles
Zachary Marsden, president of the Video Game Association. Tim Lester
The Rambelles lost to Midwestern State Mustangs (69-58) Wednesday, Feb. 19, while in Wichita Falls.
The Rambelles had 38.2 percent from the field while the opponent made 48.1 percent from the field.
Midwestern had 18 turnovers and, from those, ASU was able to score 26 points.
Senior Leah LeMarie took the lead away from the Mustangs with a layup in the first half with 12 minutes left to play. With just under two minutes left to play, junior Hillari Adam made back-to-back shots, which brought the score to 30-23.
At halftime, Midwestern held the lead at 34-27.
After returning to the court, the Rambelles had a lot of energy and started off with a 10-3 run.
Adam and junior Karli Kellemeier both scored four points, tying the game at 37.
In the end, senior Rochelle Norris led the team with 13 points. Adam came in behind Norris with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
As for rankings, ASU is No. 10 in the NCAA Division II South Central ranking.
Angelo State has a 13-11 record, overall.
West Texas A&M is No. 1 in the region. Other teams ranked in the LSC include No. 4 Tarleton State University , No. 5 Texas Woman's University and No. 7 Midwestern State.
The Rambelles take the home court one last time on Saturday, Feb. 22, at 2 p.m. against Cameron University.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards