'Belles back on the diamond
‘Belles to play double-header at home
After a five-game series in Canyon, the 'Belles lost their last game Sunday, Feb. 16, to Metropolitan State (12-7).
The 'Belles were at the Woodward WT Invitational and over the course of the weekend, they won the first four games.
"We are a little bit disappointed to be at 9-5," Head Coach Travis Scott said. "We feel like we are really close to putting it together as a team. We swung the bat extremely well last weekend, but we didn't swing well the week before. It's all about making sure we have the right mindset."
In the game against Metro State, the 'Belles had a season-high of 15 hits but left nine runners on base.
Senior and pitcher Sandra Serna allowed the Roadrunners to hit two home runs and score three runs during the first inning.
"The team chemistry has definitely gotten a lot better," sophomore Darian Dunn said. "I think our tournament this past weekend really showed how close we are."
Junior Micherie Koria said she wants to work on her hitting before their double-header Saturday against Texas-Permian Basin at Mayer Field.
"Coach said the other day that I was up there, but I want to keep it up for my team," Koria said.
Scott said the girls will be working on basic skills and then they will be put into pressure situations, which will help the team work on their mental focus.
"Giving these situations gives the girls the right mindset for future games," he said.
Dunn was recently named the Lone Star Conference Hitter of the Week after her performance at the Woodard West Texas Invitational.
Dunn helped lead the team to their four wins with a .588 average and 16 RBIs.
Dunn hit three home runs, including a grand slam against Colorado Mesa (third in her career). After the weekend, Dunn recorded 10 hits total. She also had eight runs and three doubles.
Dunn currently leads the team in runs (18), home runs (6), RBIs (29), and slugging percentage (1.000).
The 'Belles' first game will be at 1 p.m. and their second at 3:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board