'Belles back on the diamond
‘Belles to play double-header at home
After a five-game series in Canyon, the 'Belles lost their last game Sunday, Feb. 16, to Metropolitan State (12-7).
The 'Belles were at the Woodward WT Invitational and over the course of the weekend, they won the first four games.
"We are a little bit disappointed to be at 9-5," Head Coach Travis Scott said. "We feel like we are really close to putting it together as a team. We swung the bat extremely well last weekend, but we didn't swing well the week before. It's all about making sure we have the right mindset."
In the game against Metro State, the 'Belles had a season-high of 15 hits but left nine runners on base.
Senior and pitcher Sandra Serna allowed the Roadrunners to hit two home runs and score three runs during the first inning.
"The team chemistry has definitely gotten a lot better," sophomore Darian Dunn said. "I think our tournament this past weekend really showed how close we are."
Junior Micherie Koria said she wants to work on her hitting before their double-header Saturday against Texas-Permian Basin at Mayer Field.
"Coach said the other day that I was up there, but I want to keep it up for my team," Koria said.
Scott said the girls will be working on basic skills and then they will be put into pressure situations, which will help the team work on their mental focus.
"Giving these situations gives the girls the right mindset for future games," he said.
Dunn was recently named the Lone Star Conference Hitter of the Week after her performance at the Woodard West Texas Invitational.
Dunn helped lead the team to their four wins with a .588 average and 16 RBIs.
Dunn hit three home runs, including a grand slam against Colorado Mesa (third in her career). After the weekend, Dunn recorded 10 hits total. She also had eight runs and three doubles.
Dunn currently leads the team in runs (18), home runs (6), RBIs (29), and slugging percentage (1.000).
The 'Belles' first game will be at 1 p.m. and their second at 3:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- SGA the largest student senate ASU has seen in years
- Coach Wagner maintains high hopes for the Ram’s season
- Jet Ski accident results in loss of student
- History was made in the LGBT Community
- Rambelles prepare for first game, determined to beat Adams State
- Volleyball team is hungry for victory
- University mourns the loss of defensive back, Christian Taylor
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE