UCPC brings comedian to Club CafÃ©
Bozeman to bring lighter side of college
ASU's UCPC will host a Club CafÃ© Feb. 26, featuring comedian Kevin Bozeman, who has been featured on Comedy Central and won the HBO "Comedy Competition" in 2000.
Bozeman has performed at over 200 college campuses and has headlined top comedy clubs across the country.
"Kevin Bozeman's performance will bring a lot of laughs, and students are sure to have a good time," UCPC Daytime Co-Chair Sabrina Torres said.
"Bozeman presents his material in a very relatable fashion," Club CafÃ© Chairperson Josh Trujillo said. "He cuts no corners when it comes to sharing his own perspective of life."
"Kevin Bozeman is a unique comedian because he understands what it means to be a college student and the obstacles we are consciously and unconsciously challenged to overcome on a daily basis," he said.
UCPC attends conferences during the year where they watch different performers, decide which of them would be popular on campus, and hire them to perform at the university, Vice President of Recruitment and Retention Bailey Grey said.
"We submit the names of the performers we most enjoyed to Sam Mendoza, who then fills out the paperwork necessary to book that performer," Trujillo said.
Kevin Bozeman will bring a refreshingly original sense of comedic value to the students and faculty of ASU, as well as to the general public, with his quirky, unique and very relatable material, he said.
"This event is sure to be entertaining for students and will bring them together to have a good time and relax," Torres said.
Trujillo said he hopes Bozeman will encourage students to take the college lifestyle a little easier and learn to notice and appreciate the little things that make ASU and this lifestyle unique.
The event will be held in the C.J. Davidson Conference Center at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for students are $2, and general admission is $5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards