UCPC brings comedian to Club CafÃ©
Bozeman to bring lighter side of college
ASU's UCPC will host a Club CafÃ© Feb. 26, featuring comedian Kevin Bozeman, who has been featured on Comedy Central and won the HBO "Comedy Competition" in 2000.
Bozeman has performed at over 200 college campuses and has headlined top comedy clubs across the country.
"Kevin Bozeman's performance will bring a lot of laughs, and students are sure to have a good time," UCPC Daytime Co-Chair Sabrina Torres said.
"Bozeman presents his material in a very relatable fashion," Club CafÃ© Chairperson Josh Trujillo said. "He cuts no corners when it comes to sharing his own perspective of life."
"Kevin Bozeman is a unique comedian because he understands what it means to be a college student and the obstacles we are consciously and unconsciously challenged to overcome on a daily basis," he said.
UCPC attends conferences during the year where they watch different performers, decide which of them would be popular on campus, and hire them to perform at the university, Vice President of Recruitment and Retention Bailey Grey said.
"We submit the names of the performers we most enjoyed to Sam Mendoza, who then fills out the paperwork necessary to book that performer," Trujillo said.
Kevin Bozeman will bring a refreshingly original sense of comedic value to the students and faculty of ASU, as well as to the general public, with his quirky, unique and very relatable material, he said.
"This event is sure to be entertaining for students and will bring them together to have a good time and relax," Torres said.
Trujillo said he hopes Bozeman will encourage students to take the college lifestyle a little easier and learn to notice and appreciate the little things that make ASU and this lifestyle unique.
The event will be held in the C.J. Davidson Conference Center at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for students are $2, and general admission is $5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Families to gather for campus-wide activities
- Rambelles keep a clear head in their winning streak
- Chop Busters, a way to drum up some muscle
- Artistry of all forms welcome to campus club
- Physics major goes to Switzerland with hopes to answer mysteries of the universe
- Korean student sees difference in US communication
- Students challenge themselves and make new friends
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES