UCPC brings comedian to Club CafÃ©
Bozeman to bring lighter side of college
ASU's UCPC will host a Club CafÃ© Feb. 26, featuring comedian Kevin Bozeman, who has been featured on Comedy Central and won the HBO "Comedy Competition" in 2000.
Bozeman has performed at over 200 college campuses and has headlined top comedy clubs across the country.
"Kevin Bozeman's performance will bring a lot of laughs, and students are sure to have a good time," UCPC Daytime Co-Chair Sabrina Torres said.
"Bozeman presents his material in a very relatable fashion," Club CafÃ© Chairperson Josh Trujillo said. "He cuts no corners when it comes to sharing his own perspective of life."
"Kevin Bozeman is a unique comedian because he understands what it means to be a college student and the obstacles we are consciously and unconsciously challenged to overcome on a daily basis," he said.
UCPC attends conferences during the year where they watch different performers, decide which of them would be popular on campus, and hire them to perform at the university, Vice President of Recruitment and Retention Bailey Grey said.
"We submit the names of the performers we most enjoyed to Sam Mendoza, who then fills out the paperwork necessary to book that performer," Trujillo said.
Kevin Bozeman will bring a refreshingly original sense of comedic value to the students and faculty of ASU, as well as to the general public, with his quirky, unique and very relatable material, he said.
"This event is sure to be entertaining for students and will bring them together to have a good time and relax," Torres said.
Trujillo said he hopes Bozeman will encourage students to take the college lifestyle a little easier and learn to notice and appreciate the little things that make ASU and this lifestyle unique.
The event will be held in the C.J. Davidson Conference Center at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for students are $2, and general admission is $5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending