UCPC brings comedian to Club CafÃ©
Bozeman to bring lighter side of college
ASU's UCPC will host a Club CafÃ© Feb. 26, featuring comedian Kevin Bozeman, who has been featured on Comedy Central and won the HBO "Comedy Competition" in 2000.
Bozeman has performed at over 200 college campuses and has headlined top comedy clubs across the country.
"Kevin Bozeman's performance will bring a lot of laughs, and students are sure to have a good time," UCPC Daytime Co-Chair Sabrina Torres said.
"Bozeman presents his material in a very relatable fashion," Club CafÃ© Chairperson Josh Trujillo said. "He cuts no corners when it comes to sharing his own perspective of life."
"Kevin Bozeman is a unique comedian because he understands what it means to be a college student and the obstacles we are consciously and unconsciously challenged to overcome on a daily basis," he said.
UCPC attends conferences during the year where they watch different performers, decide which of them would be popular on campus, and hire them to perform at the university, Vice President of Recruitment and Retention Bailey Grey said.
"We submit the names of the performers we most enjoyed to Sam Mendoza, who then fills out the paperwork necessary to book that performer," Trujillo said.
Kevin Bozeman will bring a refreshingly original sense of comedic value to the students and faculty of ASU, as well as to the general public, with his quirky, unique and very relatable material, he said.
"This event is sure to be entertaining for students and will bring them together to have a good time and relax," Torres said.
Trujillo said he hopes Bozeman will encourage students to take the college lifestyle a little easier and learn to notice and appreciate the little things that make ASU and this lifestyle unique.
The event will be held in the C.J. Davidson Conference Center at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for students are $2, and general admission is $5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program