UREC Crucible back to claim all fitness types
Quarterback Josh Neiswander, graduate student, looks for a pass in Saturday’s game against the Eastern New Mexico Greyhounds. Pam Belcher
The UREC Crucible Fitness Event is back to challenge all different fitness types.
This is the fourth year UREC has had the Crucible and it is one of the roughest and toughest fitness events.
"This was kind of an initiative for the university to have [a fitness event] everyone can participate in," assistant director of fitness Laura Dokupil said.
This year there are more stations, 11 in total, with different fitness levels available for beginner, intermediate and expert levels.
"I started working out my sophomore year in college," senior Cecelia Miller said. "You have to start slow and don't be embarrassed. [Everyone] is at the gym to get in shape."
Dokupil said she expects that there will be 125 students, but the more participants the better.
"I have a small frame and I got tired of just being a small guy," senior Edgar Ortiz said. "[Working out and getting fit] is a confidence booster."
The Ram X instructors will be at the event to give demonstrations at each station for those who are in different fitness levels, Dokupil said.
"You have to take [working out] day by day," Ortiz said. "It takes time [to see results] and you have to be patient."
The Crucible Event will be Monday, Feb. 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the CHP.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Families to gather for campus-wide activities
- Rambelles keep a clear head in their winning streak
- Chop Busters, a way to drum up some muscle
- Artistry of all forms welcome to campus club
- Physics major goes to Switzerland with hopes to answer mysteries of the universe
- Korean student sees difference in US communication
- Students challenge themselves and make new friends
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES