UREC Crucible back to claim all fitness types
Quarterback Josh Neiswander, graduate student, looks for a pass in Saturday’s game against the Eastern New Mexico Greyhounds. Pam Belcher
The UREC Crucible Fitness Event is back to challenge all different fitness types.
This is the fourth year UREC has had the Crucible and it is one of the roughest and toughest fitness events.
"This was kind of an initiative for the university to have [a fitness event] everyone can participate in," assistant director of fitness Laura Dokupil said.
This year there are more stations, 11 in total, with different fitness levels available for beginner, intermediate and expert levels.
"I started working out my sophomore year in college," senior Cecelia Miller said. "You have to start slow and don't be embarrassed. [Everyone] is at the gym to get in shape."
Dokupil said she expects that there will be 125 students, but the more participants the better.
"I have a small frame and I got tired of just being a small guy," senior Edgar Ortiz said. "[Working out and getting fit] is a confidence booster."
The Ram X instructors will be at the event to give demonstrations at each station for those who are in different fitness levels, Dokupil said.
"You have to take [working out] day by day," Ortiz said. "It takes time [to see results] and you have to be patient."
The Crucible Event will be Monday, Feb. 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the CHP.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind