UREC Crucible back to claim all fitness types
Quarterback Josh Neiswander, graduate student, looks for a pass in Saturday’s game against the Eastern New Mexico Greyhounds. Pam Belcher
The UREC Crucible Fitness Event is back to challenge all different fitness types.
This is the fourth year UREC has had the Crucible and it is one of the roughest and toughest fitness events.
"This was kind of an initiative for the university to have [a fitness event] everyone can participate in," assistant director of fitness Laura Dokupil said.
This year there are more stations, 11 in total, with different fitness levels available for beginner, intermediate and expert levels.
"I started working out my sophomore year in college," senior Cecelia Miller said. "You have to start slow and don't be embarrassed. [Everyone] is at the gym to get in shape."
Dokupil said she expects that there will be 125 students, but the more participants the better.
"I have a small frame and I got tired of just being a small guy," senior Edgar Ortiz said. "[Working out and getting fit] is a confidence booster."
The Ram X instructors will be at the event to give demonstrations at each station for those who are in different fitness levels, Dokupil said.
"You have to take [working out] day by day," Ortiz said. "It takes time [to see results] and you have to be patient."
The Crucible Event will be Monday, Feb. 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the CHP.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists