CSI hosts three-day event
Springfest to increase student involvement
Texas country singer Stoney Larue will perform on campus Friday, April 6, to wrap up the Center for Student Involvement's second annual Springfest.
This three-day event will feature activities across campus
Heather Valle, coordinator for student organizations at CSI, said shehas high hopes that the campus festival will be greatly successful.
"This year, students will notice that programming has increased for all three days of CSI Springfest," Valle said.
There will be a student organization carnival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the grassy area by the pavilion, according to Valle.
"Student Organizations will be hosting activities like snow cones, pie throwing contests and traditional carnival games," Valle said. "On Friday, we are thrilled to partner again with the men of Lambda Chi Alpha who will host their 3rd Annual Crawfish Boil."
In addition to the Angelo Rock Climbing Competition on Saturday, Chartwells will provide blue & gold pancakes for breakfast, Valle said.
"[Last Spring]was the first year for CSI Springfest, and our staff was thrilled with the participation," Valle said."The Sunset Concert alone had over one thousand participants. Students are the heart of the Center for Student Involvement. Everything we do is for them, not only to attend but to gain co-curricular experiences by marketing, planning and programming their own events."
Samuel Mendoza, coordinator for student activities and programs, said he wants to see Springfest evolve from last year.
"Last year I was just a spectator, but this year, working on it, makes you set your goals pretty high. We want it to be enjoyable, and we want people to have a great time, Mendoza said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections