CSI hosts three-day event
Springfest to increase student involvement
Texas country singer Stoney Larue will perform on campus Friday, April 6, to wrap up the Center for Student Involvement's second annual Springfest.
This three-day event will feature activities across campus
Heather Valle, coordinator for student organizations at CSI, said shehas high hopes that the campus festival will be greatly successful.
"This year, students will notice that programming has increased for all three days of CSI Springfest," Valle said.
There will be a student organization carnival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the grassy area by the pavilion, according to Valle.
"Student Organizations will be hosting activities like snow cones, pie throwing contests and traditional carnival games," Valle said. "On Friday, we are thrilled to partner again with the men of Lambda Chi Alpha who will host their 3rd Annual Crawfish Boil."
In addition to the Angelo Rock Climbing Competition on Saturday, Chartwells will provide blue & gold pancakes for breakfast, Valle said.
"[Last Spring]was the first year for CSI Springfest, and our staff was thrilled with the participation," Valle said."The Sunset Concert alone had over one thousand participants. Students are the heart of the Center for Student Involvement. Everything we do is for them, not only to attend but to gain co-curricular experiences by marketing, planning and programming their own events."
Samuel Mendoza, coordinator for student activities and programs, said he wants to see Springfest evolve from last year.
"Last year I was just a spectator, but this year, working on it, makes you set your goals pretty high. We want it to be enjoyable, and we want people to have a great time, Mendoza said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities