CSI hosts three-day event
Springfest to increase student involvement
Texas country singer Stoney Larue will perform on campus Friday, April 6, to wrap up the Center for Student Involvement's second annual Springfest.
This three-day event will feature activities across campus
Heather Valle, coordinator for student organizations at CSI, said shehas high hopes that the campus festival will be greatly successful.
"This year, students will notice that programming has increased for all three days of CSI Springfest," Valle said.
There will be a student organization carnival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the grassy area by the pavilion, according to Valle.
"Student Organizations will be hosting activities like snow cones, pie throwing contests and traditional carnival games," Valle said. "On Friday, we are thrilled to partner again with the men of Lambda Chi Alpha who will host their 3rd Annual Crawfish Boil."
In addition to the Angelo Rock Climbing Competition on Saturday, Chartwells will provide blue & gold pancakes for breakfast, Valle said.
"[Last Spring]was the first year for CSI Springfest, and our staff was thrilled with the participation," Valle said."The Sunset Concert alone had over one thousand participants. Students are the heart of the Center for Student Involvement. Everything we do is for them, not only to attend but to gain co-curricular experiences by marketing, planning and programming their own events."
Samuel Mendoza, coordinator for student activities and programs, said he wants to see Springfest evolve from last year.
"Last year I was just a spectator, but this year, working on it, makes you set your goals pretty high. We want it to be enjoyable, and we want people to have a great time, Mendoza said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
- The Big Showdown Over Fingerprinting Uber and Lyft Drivers
- Encryption - Why It Matters to You
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere