CSI hosts three-day event
Springfest to increase student involvement
Texas country singer Stoney Larue will perform on campus Friday, April 6, to wrap up the Center for Student Involvement's second annual Springfest.
This three-day event will feature activities across campus
Heather Valle, coordinator for student organizations at CSI, said shehas high hopes that the campus festival will be greatly successful.
"This year, students will notice that programming has increased for all three days of CSI Springfest," Valle said.
There will be a student organization carnival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the grassy area by the pavilion, according to Valle.
"Student Organizations will be hosting activities like snow cones, pie throwing contests and traditional carnival games," Valle said. "On Friday, we are thrilled to partner again with the men of Lambda Chi Alpha who will host their 3rd Annual Crawfish Boil."
In addition to the Angelo Rock Climbing Competition on Saturday, Chartwells will provide blue & gold pancakes for breakfast, Valle said.
"[Last Spring]was the first year for CSI Springfest, and our staff was thrilled with the participation," Valle said."The Sunset Concert alone had over one thousand participants. Students are the heart of the Center for Student Involvement. Everything we do is for them, not only to attend but to gain co-curricular experiences by marketing, planning and programming their own events."
Samuel Mendoza, coordinator for student activities and programs, said he wants to see Springfest evolve from last year.
"Last year I was just a spectator, but this year, working on it, makes you set your goals pretty high. We want it to be enjoyable, and we want people to have a great time, Mendoza said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards