Restaurant Review: Three Parrots Taco Shop
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
Three Parrots Taco Shop is not quite what I expected.
I walked in thinking I would be surrounded by the typical sombrero and donkey decorations, but instead was greeted by a freaky tiki statuette.
The place was decorated from floor to ceiling in vibrant island decor.
After my eyes adjusted, I made my way to the cashier's counter where I was promptly greeted by a friendly girl and a huge surf board with their menu on it.
I was not feeling extremely brave so I played it safe with an enchilada plate and two extra tacos.
The price was higher than I thought, but since their margaritas are $3.25 on Wednesdays, I decided to try one of those too.
The food did not take very long at all with one of the servers yelling my name over the loud chitter-chatter of the rest of the diners talking over their meal.
Once again, the food was not exactly what I expected.
Not that it is a bad thing though. It just is not your traditional Mexican food.
I'll have to ask, one of these days, where exactly their food is from or inspired by.
With all the tropical decorations and tikis (which actually grew on me quite quickly), maybe they are going for some Caribbean style or something.
I don't know, but I did enjoy the variations of my old favorites.
The tacos and the refried beans mixed with the free queso and chips I received (thanks to Three Parrots ad which can be found in the Ram Page) were my favorite parts of the meal.
Three Parrots is a different flavor, and I look forward to trying the rest of their menu in the future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
- Today's Convenience Stores are Healthier and Hipper Than...
- Gadgets to Make Your Commute More Comfortable
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS