Restaurant Review: Three Parrots Taco Shop
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
Three Parrots Taco Shop is not quite what I expected.
I walked in thinking I would be surrounded by the typical sombrero and donkey decorations, but instead was greeted by a freaky tiki statuette.
The place was decorated from floor to ceiling in vibrant island decor.
After my eyes adjusted, I made my way to the cashier's counter where I was promptly greeted by a friendly girl and a huge surf board with their menu on it.
I was not feeling extremely brave so I played it safe with an enchilada plate and two extra tacos.
The price was higher than I thought, but since their margaritas are $3.25 on Wednesdays, I decided to try one of those too.
The food did not take very long at all with one of the servers yelling my name over the loud chitter-chatter of the rest of the diners talking over their meal.
Once again, the food was not exactly what I expected.
Not that it is a bad thing though. It just is not your traditional Mexican food.
I'll have to ask, one of these days, where exactly their food is from or inspired by.
With all the tropical decorations and tikis (which actually grew on me quite quickly), maybe they are going for some Caribbean style or something.
I don't know, but I did enjoy the variations of my old favorites.
The tacos and the refried beans mixed with the free queso and chips I received (thanks to Three Parrots ad which can be found in the Ram Page) were my favorite parts of the meal.
Three Parrots is a different flavor, and I look forward to trying the rest of their menu in the future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board