Restaurant Review: Three Parrots Taco Shop
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
Three Parrots Taco Shop is not quite what I expected.
I walked in thinking I would be surrounded by the typical sombrero and donkey decorations, but instead was greeted by a freaky tiki statuette.
The place was decorated from floor to ceiling in vibrant island decor.
After my eyes adjusted, I made my way to the cashier's counter where I was promptly greeted by a friendly girl and a huge surf board with their menu on it.
I was not feeling extremely brave so I played it safe with an enchilada plate and two extra tacos.
The price was higher than I thought, but since their margaritas are $3.25 on Wednesdays, I decided to try one of those too.
The food did not take very long at all with one of the servers yelling my name over the loud chitter-chatter of the rest of the diners talking over their meal.
Once again, the food was not exactly what I expected.
Not that it is a bad thing though. It just is not your traditional Mexican food.
I'll have to ask, one of these days, where exactly their food is from or inspired by.
With all the tropical decorations and tikis (which actually grew on me quite quickly), maybe they are going for some Caribbean style or something.
I don't know, but I did enjoy the variations of my old favorites.
The tacos and the refried beans mixed with the free queso and chips I received (thanks to Three Parrots ad which can be found in the Ram Page) were my favorite parts of the meal.
Three Parrots is a different flavor, and I look forward to trying the rest of their menu in the future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- SGA the largest student senate ASU has seen in years
- Coach Wagner maintains high hopes for the Ram’s season
- Jet Ski accident results in loss of student
- History was made in the LGBT Community
- Rambelles prepare for first game, determined to beat Adams State
- Volleyball team is hungry for victory
- University mourns the loss of defensive back, Christian Taylor
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE