Restaurant Review: Three Parrots Taco Shop
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
Three Parrots Taco Shop is not quite what I expected.
I walked in thinking I would be surrounded by the typical sombrero and donkey decorations, but instead was greeted by a freaky tiki statuette.
The place was decorated from floor to ceiling in vibrant island decor.
After my eyes adjusted, I made my way to the cashier's counter where I was promptly greeted by a friendly girl and a huge surf board with their menu on it.
I was not feeling extremely brave so I played it safe with an enchilada plate and two extra tacos.
The price was higher than I thought, but since their margaritas are $3.25 on Wednesdays, I decided to try one of those too.
The food did not take very long at all with one of the servers yelling my name over the loud chitter-chatter of the rest of the diners talking over their meal.
Once again, the food was not exactly what I expected.
Not that it is a bad thing though. It just is not your traditional Mexican food.
I'll have to ask, one of these days, where exactly their food is from or inspired by.
With all the tropical decorations and tikis (which actually grew on me quite quickly), maybe they are going for some Caribbean style or something.
I don't know, but I did enjoy the variations of my old favorites.
The tacos and the refried beans mixed with the free queso and chips I received (thanks to Three Parrots ad which can be found in the Ram Page) were my favorite parts of the meal.
Three Parrots is a different flavor, and I look forward to trying the rest of their menu in the future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections