Restaurant Review: Three Parrots Taco Shop
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
Three Parrots Taco Shop is not quite what I expected.
I walked in thinking I would be surrounded by the typical sombrero and donkey decorations, but instead was greeted by a freaky tiki statuette.
The place was decorated from floor to ceiling in vibrant island decor.
After my eyes adjusted, I made my way to the cashier's counter where I was promptly greeted by a friendly girl and a huge surf board with their menu on it.
I was not feeling extremely brave so I played it safe with an enchilada plate and two extra tacos.
The price was higher than I thought, but since their margaritas are $3.25 on Wednesdays, I decided to try one of those too.
The food did not take very long at all with one of the servers yelling my name over the loud chitter-chatter of the rest of the diners talking over their meal.
Once again, the food was not exactly what I expected.
Not that it is a bad thing though. It just is not your traditional Mexican food.
I'll have to ask, one of these days, where exactly their food is from or inspired by.
With all the tropical decorations and tikis (which actually grew on me quite quickly), maybe they are going for some Caribbean style or something.
I don't know, but I did enjoy the variations of my old favorites.
The tacos and the refried beans mixed with the free queso and chips I received (thanks to Three Parrots ad which can be found in the Ram Page) were my favorite parts of the meal.
Three Parrots is a different flavor, and I look forward to trying the rest of their menu in the future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes