Women's Basketball beats out Tarleton State University
‘Belles on two-game winning streak
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
The 'Belles beat out Tarleton State Wednesday, Feb. 12, in the "White Out Wednesday" game.
The 'Belles held off TSU to 36 percent shooting while they hit 40 percent from the field.
At halftime, the 'Belles led the game 30-22. Junior Karli Kellermeier finished the first half of the game with seven points and 10 rebounds.
When the 'Belles and Texanns returned to the court, each team scored five points.
Sophomore Amanda Weaver had back-to-back three pointers and made another, which brought the 'Belles up in the second half.
The 'Belles also won their game on Saturday against Eastern New Mexico University (69-44).
ASU shot 48.1 percent from the field, including 57.7 percent in the second half.
Eastern New Mexico forced 25 turnovers and from those, the 'Belles were able to score 21 points.
Kellermeier scored 21 points, a career high, which ultimately helped lead the team to a win.
Weaver came up with 16 points and junior Hillari Adam added 14 points to the scoreboard. Adam also had six rebounds.
The 'Belles play again Saturday, Feb. 15, against Texas Woman's University.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain