Women's Basketball beats out Tarleton State University
‘Belles on two-game winning streak
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
The 'Belles beat out Tarleton State Wednesday, Feb. 12, in the "White Out Wednesday" game.
The 'Belles held off TSU to 36 percent shooting while they hit 40 percent from the field.
At halftime, the 'Belles led the game 30-22. Junior Karli Kellermeier finished the first half of the game with seven points and 10 rebounds.
When the 'Belles and Texanns returned to the court, each team scored five points.
Sophomore Amanda Weaver had back-to-back three pointers and made another, which brought the 'Belles up in the second half.
The 'Belles also won their game on Saturday against Eastern New Mexico University (69-44).
ASU shot 48.1 percent from the field, including 57.7 percent in the second half.
Eastern New Mexico forced 25 turnovers and from those, the 'Belles were able to score 21 points.
Kellermeier scored 21 points, a career high, which ultimately helped lead the team to a win.
Weaver came up with 16 points and junior Hillari Adam added 14 points to the scoreboard. Adam also had six rebounds.
The 'Belles play again Saturday, Feb. 15, against Texas Woman's University.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind