Women's Basketball beats out Tarleton State University
‘Belles on two-game winning streak
Sarah Smith, Contributing Writer
The 'Belles beat out Tarleton State Wednesday, Feb. 12, in the "White Out Wednesday" game.
The 'Belles held off TSU to 36 percent shooting while they hit 40 percent from the field.
At halftime, the 'Belles led the game 30-22. Junior Karli Kellermeier finished the first half of the game with seven points and 10 rebounds.
When the 'Belles and Texanns returned to the court, each team scored five points.
Sophomore Amanda Weaver had back-to-back three pointers and made another, which brought the 'Belles up in the second half.
The 'Belles also won their game on Saturday against Eastern New Mexico University (69-44).
ASU shot 48.1 percent from the field, including 57.7 percent in the second half.
Eastern New Mexico forced 25 turnovers and from those, the 'Belles were able to score 21 points.
Kellermeier scored 21 points, a career high, which ultimately helped lead the team to a win.
Weaver came up with 16 points and junior Hillari Adam added 14 points to the scoreboard. Adam also had six rebounds.
The 'Belles play again Saturday, Feb. 15, against Texas Woman's University.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program