Rams get back on the road
After loss against Tarleton, Rams look for wins while traveling
Tarleton State upset the Rams by coming in and winning (72-64).
The game was part of "White Out Wednesday," and 3,000 fans were in attendance to cheer on the team.
The Rams were only able to shoot 35.8 percent in the game.
By halftime, Tarleton was leading by two points (30-28).
Senior Kenny Williams had his conference-leading ninth double-double of the season with 14 points and 12 rebounds for the team.
Williams also contributed with two blocked shots and two steals in the game.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the Rams with 21 points and senior Chris Talkington added 11 points and seven rebounds.
This game marks the third that Hammond has had 20-point performances in the past four games.
If you have yet to attend a Rams basketball game, then you might not know about Williams and his dunk ability.
The 6-foot-7 forward/guard is a part of the 2014 "State Farm Dark Horse Dunker" competition. Williams has been identified as one of the top 16 "under-the-radar" dunkers in the nation.
He is currently competing in the online contest, which began Monday, Feb. 10.
Fans are able to vote for their favorite players on Facebook.com/CollegeSlam. Fans can vote every day and the first round of voting ends Monday, Feb. 24.
If William's were to win and advance, he will compete at the College Slam Dunk and 3-point Championships on April 3 during the NCAA Final Four festivities in Dallas, which airs on ESPN.
Be sure to take a minute or two to vote for Kenny Williams on Facebook so his dunking can be exposed to everyone.
As for the Rams, they head to Commerce Saturday, Feb. 15 to battle Texas A&M University-Commerce at 4 p.m. The Rams will stay on the road and take on Midwestern State at 7:30 p.m. in Wichita Falls.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month