Rams get back on the road
After loss against Tarleton, Rams look for wins while traveling
Tarleton State upset the Rams by coming in and winning (72-64).
The game was part of "White Out Wednesday," and 3,000 fans were in attendance to cheer on the team.
The Rams were only able to shoot 35.8 percent in the game.
By halftime, Tarleton was leading by two points (30-28).
Senior Kenny Williams had his conference-leading ninth double-double of the season with 14 points and 12 rebounds for the team.
Williams also contributed with two blocked shots and two steals in the game.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the Rams with 21 points and senior Chris Talkington added 11 points and seven rebounds.
This game marks the third that Hammond has had 20-point performances in the past four games.
If you have yet to attend a Rams basketball game, then you might not know about Williams and his dunk ability.
The 6-foot-7 forward/guard is a part of the 2014 "State Farm Dark Horse Dunker" competition. Williams has been identified as one of the top 16 "under-the-radar" dunkers in the nation.
He is currently competing in the online contest, which began Monday, Feb. 10.
Fans are able to vote for their favorite players on Facebook.com/CollegeSlam. Fans can vote every day and the first round of voting ends Monday, Feb. 24.
If William's were to win and advance, he will compete at the College Slam Dunk and 3-point Championships on April 3 during the NCAA Final Four festivities in Dallas, which airs on ESPN.
Be sure to take a minute or two to vote for Kenny Williams on Facebook so his dunking can be exposed to everyone.
As for the Rams, they head to Commerce Saturday, Feb. 15 to battle Texas A&M University-Commerce at 4 p.m. The Rams will stay on the road and take on Midwestern State at 7:30 p.m. in Wichita Falls.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership