Rams get back on the road
After loss against Tarleton, Rams look for wins while traveling
Tarleton State upset the Rams by coming in and winning (72-64).
The game was part of "White Out Wednesday," and 3,000 fans were in attendance to cheer on the team.
The Rams were only able to shoot 35.8 percent in the game.
By halftime, Tarleton was leading by two points (30-28).
Senior Kenny Williams had his conference-leading ninth double-double of the season with 14 points and 12 rebounds for the team.
Williams also contributed with two blocked shots and two steals in the game.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the Rams with 21 points and senior Chris Talkington added 11 points and seven rebounds.
This game marks the third that Hammond has had 20-point performances in the past four games.
If you have yet to attend a Rams basketball game, then you might not know about Williams and his dunk ability.
The 6-foot-7 forward/guard is a part of the 2014 "State Farm Dark Horse Dunker" competition. Williams has been identified as one of the top 16 "under-the-radar" dunkers in the nation.
He is currently competing in the online contest, which began Monday, Feb. 10.
Fans are able to vote for their favorite players on Facebook.com/CollegeSlam. Fans can vote every day and the first round of voting ends Monday, Feb. 24.
If William's were to win and advance, he will compete at the College Slam Dunk and 3-point Championships on April 3 during the NCAA Final Four festivities in Dallas, which airs on ESPN.
Be sure to take a minute or two to vote for Kenny Williams on Facebook so his dunking can be exposed to everyone.
As for the Rams, they head to Commerce Saturday, Feb. 15 to battle Texas A&M University-Commerce at 4 p.m. The Rams will stay on the road and take on Midwestern State at 7:30 p.m. in Wichita Falls.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- ASU celebrates mascot’s birthday with cupcakes and party hats
- Agriculture students volunteer at the stock show and rodeo
- Former UCPC performer could potentially be the next American Idol
- Rams and Rambelles rack up another victory
- ASU ROTC Program is best detachment in the region
- UCPC hosts grocery bingo for students and gets great results
- Career development hosts a blue and gold scavenger hunt
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...