Restaurant Review: D' Ray's Burgers and Dogs
ASU will offer a Master’s in Criminal Justice Fall 2011. Pam Belcher
The first time my friend asked me if I had ever eaten at D'Ray's, my response was "who?"
She was quick to inform me that D'Ray's was a "burger and dog joint" with some excellent shakes and burgers.
If anyone enjoys a good burger, it's me. So I headed over to 1101 S Chadbourne St for lunch.
I entered the quaint little, locally owned place and was immediately greeted by a friendly cashier who asked "what can I get you mijo?"
Man, I love me some good service, so I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a coke.
It seemed as if no later than she had taken my order, my food was brought out to me, but it was not old or cold as I had initially feared.
"I could get use to this," I thought to myself.
The burger was great. The fries were crispy on the outside and yummy on the inside.
After I had eaten my meal, I spent some time studying the menu.
Soft serve ice cream, some loaded down hot dogs, and plenty of burgers and fries were listed and I wished I was hungrier.
I decided to help my food settle down with some dessert and ordered an Oreo Texas Twister.
It reminds me of another frozen treat I will call a Snow Storm from a main stream establishment I will call Lactose King.
Despite our recent cold temperatures, I ate up a large in a hurry.
If you are looking for an even bigger lunch adventure, try the burger challenge, which consist of a 16 patty (or 17? I was too scared to count) cheeseburger.
If you can finish that bad boy, lunch is on me.
Until then, enjoy a great tasting meal with some great service. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Computer science major gives insight into why he chose ASU
- Rams start game off with a strong lead
- ASU and SAMFA work together to make the museum come alive
- Students to climb their way to top at fourth annual rock climbing competition
- Candidates suggest text book swapping idea, Craigslist-style for students
- Rams and Rambelles place in David Noble meet
- Students who can’t make it home for Easter make the most of it
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now