Restaurant Review: D' Ray's Burgers and Dogs
ASU will offer a Master’s in Criminal Justice Fall 2011. Pam Belcher
The first time my friend asked me if I had ever eaten at D'Ray's, my response was "who?"
She was quick to inform me that D'Ray's was a "burger and dog joint" with some excellent shakes and burgers.
If anyone enjoys a good burger, it's me. So I headed over to 1101 S Chadbourne St for lunch.
I entered the quaint little, locally owned place and was immediately greeted by a friendly cashier who asked "what can I get you mijo?"
Man, I love me some good service, so I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a coke.
It seemed as if no later than she had taken my order, my food was brought out to me, but it was not old or cold as I had initially feared.
"I could get use to this," I thought to myself.
The burger was great. The fries were crispy on the outside and yummy on the inside.
After I had eaten my meal, I spent some time studying the menu.
Soft serve ice cream, some loaded down hot dogs, and plenty of burgers and fries were listed and I wished I was hungrier.
I decided to help my food settle down with some dessert and ordered an Oreo Texas Twister.
It reminds me of another frozen treat I will call a Snow Storm from a main stream establishment I will call Lactose King.
Despite our recent cold temperatures, I ate up a large in a hurry.
If you are looking for an even bigger lunch adventure, try the burger challenge, which consist of a 16 patty (or 17? I was too scared to count) cheeseburger.
If you can finish that bad boy, lunch is on me.
Until then, enjoy a great tasting meal with some great service. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
- Today's Convenience Stores are Healthier and Hipper Than...
- Gadgets to Make Your Commute More Comfortable
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS