Restaurant Review: D' Ray's Burgers and Dogs
ASU will offer a Master’s in Criminal Justice Fall 2011. Pam Belcher
The first time my friend asked me if I had ever eaten at D'Ray's, my response was "who?"
She was quick to inform me that D'Ray's was a "burger and dog joint" with some excellent shakes and burgers.
If anyone enjoys a good burger, it's me. So I headed over to 1101 S Chadbourne St for lunch.
I entered the quaint little, locally owned place and was immediately greeted by a friendly cashier who asked "what can I get you mijo?"
Man, I love me some good service, so I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a coke.
It seemed as if no later than she had taken my order, my food was brought out to me, but it was not old or cold as I had initially feared.
"I could get use to this," I thought to myself.
The burger was great. The fries were crispy on the outside and yummy on the inside.
After I had eaten my meal, I spent some time studying the menu.
Soft serve ice cream, some loaded down hot dogs, and plenty of burgers and fries were listed and I wished I was hungrier.
I decided to help my food settle down with some dessert and ordered an Oreo Texas Twister.
It reminds me of another frozen treat I will call a Snow Storm from a main stream establishment I will call Lactose King.
Despite our recent cold temperatures, I ate up a large in a hurry.
If you are looking for an even bigger lunch adventure, try the burger challenge, which consist of a 16 patty (or 17? I was too scared to count) cheeseburger.
If you can finish that bad boy, lunch is on me.
Until then, enjoy a great tasting meal with some great service. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- SGA the largest student senate ASU has seen in years
- Coach Wagner maintains high hopes for the Ram’s season
- Jet Ski accident results in loss of student
- History was made in the LGBT Community
- Rambelles prepare for first game, determined to beat Adams State
- Volleyball team is hungry for victory
- University mourns the loss of defensive back, Christian Taylor
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE