Restaurant Review: D' Ray's Burgers and Dogs
ASU will offer a Master’s in Criminal Justice Fall 2011. Pam Belcher
The first time my friend asked me if I had ever eaten at D'Ray's, my response was "who?"
She was quick to inform me that D'Ray's was a "burger and dog joint" with some excellent shakes and burgers.
If anyone enjoys a good burger, it's me. So I headed over to 1101 S Chadbourne St for lunch.
I entered the quaint little, locally owned place and was immediately greeted by a friendly cashier who asked "what can I get you mijo?"
Man, I love me some good service, so I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a coke.
It seemed as if no later than she had taken my order, my food was brought out to me, but it was not old or cold as I had initially feared.
"I could get use to this," I thought to myself.
The burger was great. The fries were crispy on the outside and yummy on the inside.
After I had eaten my meal, I spent some time studying the menu.
Soft serve ice cream, some loaded down hot dogs, and plenty of burgers and fries were listed and I wished I was hungrier.
I decided to help my food settle down with some dessert and ordered an Oreo Texas Twister.
It reminds me of another frozen treat I will call a Snow Storm from a main stream establishment I will call Lactose King.
Despite our recent cold temperatures, I ate up a large in a hurry.
If you are looking for an even bigger lunch adventure, try the burger challenge, which consist of a 16 patty (or 17? I was too scared to count) cheeseburger.
If you can finish that bad boy, lunch is on me.
Until then, enjoy a great tasting meal with some great service. Bon AppÃ©tit!!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections