Education experts share experiences at symposium
All audience members gain knowledge from event
The Fourth Annual Education Symposium allowed students, faculty and community to join in conversation with a panel of education experts.
The symposium had 14 panel members and it included counselors, principals, elementary teachers, secondary teachers, instructional specialists, superintendents, etc.
"We try to have at least one or two people to represent every program we have in the college," assistant professor in curriculum and instruction Dr. Amy Williamson said. "We also want to offer a variety of experiences and grade levels."
Williamson said when she first started the event she was in charge of secondary certification for undergraduate students.
"This was an opportunity for those students to get exposure to a variety of perspectives from educators that supplement what they do get out of the field," she said.
Williamson said several area school districts were represented.
The benefits attendees receive from the symposium are the multiple perspectives from the different educators, Williamson said.
"Whenever you are out in the field you are only working closely with two or three educators," Williamson said. "You get the good, bad and ugly. They get realistic answers but they also get a variety of answers."
As for next year, Williamson said she has already begun thinking about ways to improve the symposium and how to draw more people in.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?