Education experts share experiences at symposium
All audience members gain knowledge from event
The Fourth Annual Education Symposium allowed students, faculty and community to join in conversation with a panel of education experts.
The symposium had 14 panel members and it included counselors, principals, elementary teachers, secondary teachers, instructional specialists, superintendents, etc.
"We try to have at least one or two people to represent every program we have in the college," assistant professor in curriculum and instruction Dr. Amy Williamson said. "We also want to offer a variety of experiences and grade levels."
Williamson said when she first started the event she was in charge of secondary certification for undergraduate students.
"This was an opportunity for those students to get exposure to a variety of perspectives from educators that supplement what they do get out of the field," she said.
Williamson said several area school districts were represented.
The benefits attendees receive from the symposium are the multiple perspectives from the different educators, Williamson said.
"Whenever you are out in the field you are only working closely with two or three educators," Williamson said. "You get the good, bad and ugly. They get realistic answers but they also get a variety of answers."
As for next year, Williamson said she has already begun thinking about ways to improve the symposium and how to draw more people in.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor