Education experts share experiences at symposium
All audience members gain knowledge from event
The Fourth Annual Education Symposium allowed students, faculty and community to join in conversation with a panel of education experts.
The symposium had 14 panel members and it included counselors, principals, elementary teachers, secondary teachers, instructional specialists, superintendents, etc.
"We try to have at least one or two people to represent every program we have in the college," assistant professor in curriculum and instruction Dr. Amy Williamson said. "We also want to offer a variety of experiences and grade levels."
Williamson said when she first started the event she was in charge of secondary certification for undergraduate students.
"This was an opportunity for those students to get exposure to a variety of perspectives from educators that supplement what they do get out of the field," she said.
Williamson said several area school districts were represented.
The benefits attendees receive from the symposium are the multiple perspectives from the different educators, Williamson said.
"Whenever you are out in the field you are only working closely with two or three educators," Williamson said. "You get the good, bad and ugly. They get realistic answers but they also get a variety of answers."
As for next year, Williamson said she has already begun thinking about ways to improve the symposium and how to draw more people in.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus