'Belles pick up game series in Kingsville
‘Belles head on the road for remainder of season
The 'Belles played their last home games of the season Saturday, April 12 against Texas A&M-Kingsville at Mayer Field. The two game win bumped up the team's consecutive wins to 13.
"It is awesome knowing that we have a 35-9 record right now," senior Luz'Ce Baca said.
"The four years that I have been here it has always been an honor putting on the Angelo State uniform and keeping the winning tradition."
In game one against the Javelinas, the 'Belles started off with a 1-0 lead after senior Morgan Spearman reached a bunt single to score on a sacrifice fly by sophomore Darian Dunn.
Dunn came back to the plate in the second inning, hitting her eighth home run of the season which extended ASU's lead to 4-0.
In the third inning, the Javelinas had two walks and three hits. There was also an error on the field and it brought the score to a tie.
Senior pitcher Mary Kate McKay started game one and after the third inning, only allowed one hit over the next 3.1 innings pitched.
Head Coach Travis Scott said it was a great day for the seniors to go out and play since it was senior day.
"Every senior got a hit and the senior pitchers got wins on the day so it was as about as ideal as a senior day could get," Scott said.
In the fifth inning, sophomore Ambra Hill scored for ASU to lead 6-4.
Moving to the sixth inning, five girls recorded hits bringing the final score to 10-4. "For a while our defense was mis-communicating for a while and now I think our defense is stronger than it's ever been and we are only getting better," senior Sandra Serna said.
In game two against Texas A&M Kingsville, the 'Belles scored a total of 8 runs. In the fourth inning bringing the score to 13-0.
The Javelinas scored one run in the fifth inning and that ended the game.
The girls resume their game series against Texas A&M in Kingsville after one game against St. Edward's University on Thursday, April 17 in Austin.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- ASU celebrates mascot’s birthday with cupcakes and party hats
- Agriculture students volunteer at the stock show and rodeo
- Former UCPC performer could potentially be the next American Idol
- Rams and Rambelles rack up another victory
- ASU ROTC Program is best detachment in the region
- UCPC hosts grocery bingo for students and gets great results
- Career development hosts a blue and gold scavenger hunt
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...