'Belles pick up game series in Kingsville
‘Belles head on the road for remainder of season
The 'Belles played their last home games of the season Saturday, April 12 against Texas A&M-Kingsville at Mayer Field. The two game win bumped up the team's consecutive wins to 13.
"It is awesome knowing that we have a 35-9 record right now," senior Luz'Ce Baca said.
"The four years that I have been here it has always been an honor putting on the Angelo State uniform and keeping the winning tradition."
In game one against the Javelinas, the 'Belles started off with a 1-0 lead after senior Morgan Spearman reached a bunt single to score on a sacrifice fly by sophomore Darian Dunn.
Dunn came back to the plate in the second inning, hitting her eighth home run of the season which extended ASU's lead to 4-0.
In the third inning, the Javelinas had two walks and three hits. There was also an error on the field and it brought the score to a tie.
Senior pitcher Mary Kate McKay started game one and after the third inning, only allowed one hit over the next 3.1 innings pitched.
Head Coach Travis Scott said it was a great day for the seniors to go out and play since it was senior day.
"Every senior got a hit and the senior pitchers got wins on the day so it was as about as ideal as a senior day could get," Scott said.
In the fifth inning, sophomore Ambra Hill scored for ASU to lead 6-4.
Moving to the sixth inning, five girls recorded hits bringing the final score to 10-4. "For a while our defense was mis-communicating for a while and now I think our defense is stronger than it's ever been and we are only getting better," senior Sandra Serna said.
In game two against Texas A&M Kingsville, the 'Belles scored a total of 8 runs. In the fourth inning bringing the score to 13-0.
The Javelinas scored one run in the fifth inning and that ended the game.
The girls resume their game series against Texas A&M in Kingsville after one game against St. Edward's University on Thursday, April 17 in Austin.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Families to gather for campus-wide activities
- Rambelles keep a clear head in their winning streak
- Chop Busters, a way to drum up some muscle
- Artistry of all forms welcome to campus club
- Physics major goes to Switzerland with hopes to answer mysteries of the universe
- Korean student sees difference in US communication
- Students challenge themselves and make new friends
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES