Spring football recap
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
The Rams football team got in some practice at their spring game, Saturday, April 12.
The Rams offense against the Rams defense took the field to get in extra practice before the end of the semester.
Head Coach Will Wagner said those who play are ones that meet eligibility to play.
"Some of the kids that played include juniors, who will be seniors," he said. "Our kids that are seniors now did not participate. Also some of the kids we signed at the signing day are still high school seniors and they didn't participate either."
Wagner said the game is merely for practice but acts as a competitive situation because the coaches cannot stop to correct to a play. Points were also awarded to each team.
The Rams took to their new playing grounds, the LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex.
Wagner said there was a good crowd of people who came out to watch the guys.
"Each year the amount of people who come out gets bigger and with us playing on campus everything was bigger this year.
The Rams first game will be September 13 at home.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Good Dental Care: Make It Safe
- Gran promesa latina lanza línea de moda para el...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida