Spring football recap
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
The Rams football team got in some practice at their spring game, Saturday, April 12.
The Rams offense against the Rams defense took the field to get in extra practice before the end of the semester.
Head Coach Will Wagner said those who play are ones that meet eligibility to play.
"Some of the kids that played include juniors, who will be seniors," he said. "Our kids that are seniors now did not participate. Also some of the kids we signed at the signing day are still high school seniors and they didn't participate either."
Wagner said the game is merely for practice but acts as a competitive situation because the coaches cannot stop to correct to a play. Points were also awarded to each team.
The Rams took to their new playing grounds, the LeGrand Stadium and Sports Complex.
Wagner said there was a good crowd of people who came out to watch the guys.
"Each year the amount of people who come out gets bigger and with us playing on campus everything was bigger this year.
The Rams first game will be September 13 at home.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses
- New App Promises to Revolutionize the Way We Experience Video